• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wizard1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2017
    New Albany
    Like everyone, I've been looking everywhere for ammo. All of the shelves in my area are empty and all of my online sources are out of stock. For some reason, I happened on the Sig site and they had 45 Colt in the blemished column. I ordered and received two boxes of 45 Colt. Unfortunately, it's 45 Long Colt. I'm almost positive I can't return it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dulla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2020
    NWI
    Easy solution, just go get a 45 LC revolver.
    I was ordering ammo after a few to many drinks one night and ordered 1000 rounds of 380 instead of what I read as 38 special.

Bought an LCP II once it showed up because what else was I supposed to do :dunno:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I was ordering ammo after a few to many drinks one night and ordered 1000 rounds of 380 instead of what I read as 38 special.

Bought an LCP II once it showed up because what else was I supposed to do :dunno:

I still have a box of 6.5x54 Mannlicher Schonauer ammo on the off chance that I'll find a Greek rifle that I can afford. :):

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I once bought a whole mess of Fal mags and .308 ammo from a guy in Texas. Great deal, what I paid was fair for the ammo alone but it includes a dozen Fal mags. Well, I get the huge box from UPS and when I opened it I found he had tossed in a ton of extra stuff including 200 rounds of .243. So naturally I bought an H&R .243. :dunno:

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    I still have a box of 6.5x54 Mannlicher Schonauer ammo on the off chance that I'll find a Greek rifle that I can afford. :):

Yea long ago in a deal that my dad made, it was sweetened up when he was offered a few boxes of Scrounger 5.75 Velo Dog ammo to seal the deal..

My dad bought about 10 boxes of reloaded 303 ammo and the Velo and didnt have either firearm. I have had the stuff at least 20 years and I don't have either myself.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    I once bought a whole mess of Fal mags and .308 ammo from a guy in Texas. Great deal, what I paid was fair for the ammo alone but it includes a dozen Fal mags. Well, I get the huge box from UPS and when I opened it I found he had tossed in a ton of extra stuff including 200 rounds of .243. So naturally I bought an H&R .243. :dunno:

Thats funny... I do the play it forward sometimes on Cast Boolits and a few times when I ship I would put in the package a few dried whole walnuts a buckeye nut or dried ear of corn just to see what is said.. Mostly I would get... dude wtf are the walnuts for....

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Easy solution, just go get a 45 LC revolver.
    Or sell it so someone that has a 45 LC revolver that would be more than happy to have a little more ammo in this drought

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach[/FONT]

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Like everyone, I've been looking everywhere for ammo. All of the shelves in my area are empty and all of my online sources are out of stock. For some reason, I happened on the Sig site and they had 45 Colt in the blemished column. I ordered and received two boxes of 45 Colt. Unfortunately, it's 45 Long Colt. I'm almost positive I can't return it.

So do you have a 45 colt? Or a 45acp?

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Pet Peeve:

It's .45 Colt. Period.

But it came out when .45 Schofield was still a big deal. It's shorter than the .45 Colt. Can shoot .45 Schofield from a .45 Colt gun (generally), but not the other way around.

In essence, it's like the relationship between .38 Special and .357 Mag.

The real solution to OP's problem is to get a revolver in .460 S&W Mag. Then you can step down to .454 Casull. And then step down to .45 Colt. And then step down to .45 Schofield.

Top Bottom