• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    I don't know about double but it's going to get interesting again. People will be scrambling for ammo and components, and outfits like Cheaper Than Dirt will be price gouging.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    The price for 9mm went from about $7 or $8 for 50 five years ago to double that then moved down to about $11 or $12 for 50 over the last year or so. Where is the price doubling now? I don't see it. If you're talking about the OP, we already decided that it was bunk. People forget that before 1986 9mm was going for $12 to $20 per box of 50.

In reply this:

Just a couple years ago 100 rounds of 9mm Winchester White Box was selling for $9.xx. It rose to $11.xx, and then $18.xx, and now sells for over $20.

Looks like price doubling to me. :yesway:

In fact I remember 9mm Winchester White Box selling for $24 a box not so long ago. Ammo prices had more than doubled from pre Obama to now. Prices have backed off just slightly but still close to double of what pre Obama prices were.

I would rep you again Car Ramrod but the system says I have to spread it around some first.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I don't know about double but it's going to get interesting again. People will be scrambling for ammo and components, and outfits like Cheaper Than Dirt will be price gouging.

Price gouging is as American as apple pie. Regardless of a threat being real or only implied the price with go wild again during the next election.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Lest we forget too soon, more gun sales were recorded in 2011 than any other year in US history. That's a lot of folks buying ammo to go with their guns. Right? Reloading rules! :)

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Too much talk about it, and it will happen again. It will be come a self fulfilling prophecy. Once the guns prices start to go up, ammo will soon follow. I say buy now as much as you can if you want to avoid the great ammo rush. What sucks is that it takes 2 years to settle back down to normal. And if HE gets elected again, we may not see decent prices for a long time.:soapbox:

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    I remember a stimulating thought from Washington...George, I believe it was. He said that we should not only be armed, but sufficiently so that we can stand up to anybody that would deny us our freedoms, including our own government. If ya ask me, that's why so many folks bought guns last year.

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    Yep, the wife's Uncle George (about 6 times great) had it right! ;)

She actually has a letter from President Kennedy metioning that they were related! Seriously!

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    In reply this:

Looks like price doubling to me. :yesway:

In fact I remember 9mm Winchester White Box selling for $24 a box not so long ago. Ammo prices had more than doubled from pre Obama to now. Prices have backed off just slightly but still close to double of what pre Obama prices were.

I would rep you again Car Ramrod but the system says I have to spread it around some first.

How many times do we have to plow the same ground? We established a doubling of metal prices AND ammo prices over a several year period. OK? Then, an assertion was made that it doubled again in the last few months, I don't see the doubling over the last few months that was alleged. OK? All on the same page now?

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    How many times do we have to plow the same ground? We established a doubling of metal prices AND ammo prices over a several year period. OK? Then, an assertion was made that it doubled again in the last few months, I don't see the doubling over the last few months that was alleged. OK? All on the same page now?

No doubling of prices in the last few months.

Prices did double from pre Obama to now. Prices are double what they were before the scare was put into the population of Obama.

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    just a quick comment,

in 2009 I was getting as many boxes of FMJ 9mm Federal at Wal-Mart for $9.99 (Limit 6). Also .45 Auto was $14.97 if I remember right. I was buying my 6 and the wife was buying her 6. At some point in 2010, 9mm went to $10.87 and 45 to $17.87. That is where it is at today. All this being said, its moot on whether it has went up $1 or $2 a box, the REAL question is what would that same dollar in 2009 buy you today? My guess it would be somewhere in the range of 0.85C and that is a 15% climb on top of the dollar price change at the Wally World.

Folks Inflation is coming........and coming fast I am afraid..

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Not to take this line of thought TOO far off-topic, but when the Federal Reserve Board holds more US-backed securities than any other entity, we'd have to be morons to not anticipate rampant inflation in the not-so-distant future. They've given every player at the monopoly game $50,000 more cash...the whole game is now screwed up beyond repair.

It will be reflected in pretty much everything we buy, irrespective of who wins the 2012 presidential race. It will take a long time before future presidents can even hope to undo the damage Obama has done.

garyaug

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    with the fuel cots rising and transportation costs up increases are inevitable..I don't hoard but when primers are on sale I buy them same goes for powder

1donos

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    actually military brass distruction was discussed by the NRA in a recent article in American Hunter. The president wants "drop a provision that STOPS the destruction of military brass". That would take a lot of brass out of the hands of reloaders and put more pressure on the current brass supply. They did not say ammo would double.
    he also wants to lift the restriction that stops the military from destroying M1 Garands and M1 Carbines a provision that has been in place for more than 30 years.
    they also want to use taxpayer funds for anti gun research.
    This will be a critical election for gun rights and the affordability of the sport.

Top Bottom