• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    Going to make a little prediction....heat will ramp up on the gun control issues before the first of March. Should we start a board and pick dates?

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I’m not buying. I want ammo hoarders to get left holding the bag. Suppliers have been selling at increased prices already so if prices coming back down they will have to unload for a loss.
    I sure hope you are right. While things might appear they are headed in the right direction, it wouldn’t take much to excite this all over again.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Going to make a little prediction....heat will ramp up on the gun control issues before the first of March. Should we start a board and pick dates?
    That’s what I expect. No clue on timing tho. Sometimes I think we are our own worse enemy. All it has taken sometimes through the years is just a rumor then folks panic. When this happens , there are always plenty around to take advantage of the situation.

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    That’s what I expect. No clue on timing tho. Sometimes I think we are our own worse enemy. All it has taken sometimes through the years is just a rumor then folks panic. When this happens , there are always plenty around to take advantage of the situation.
    Unfortunately I believe the party in power will be still high from sniffing the ink on their "impeachment report" and with 55+ executive orders already on the books they will go after the 2A somehow. Stories of recent "mass shootings" in Indiana, MN, etc. are back in the headlines. Mail order ammo, tries at capacity limits, not sure which. Get what you can now, for your own peace of mind.

BTW..thank you for your service

HonkieKowboy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 14, 2018
    Lafayette
    Coming back into firearms after a long hiatus (pretty much the worst time to do so, but whatever), I've picked up a M57a because .30 luger was slightly more affordable than everything else (well, whenever I could find it)

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    H
    Wow, he even beat my estimate! Calling for "assault weapons ban" and universal background checks today on Parkland anniversary!

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    Looks like Biden might be pushing the anti 2A rhetoric. To be honest, im surprised it took this long. If he doesnt start pushing it, regardless if it passes or not, i expect the ammo/reloading market to get worse.

Gd999

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 24, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I stocked up at high prices as I was new to the scene and had no choice. If prices drop I’ll double what I have now. And complete my reloading equipment and supply.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    My personal view, with the amount of new firearms purchased in 2019... reportedly 14 million. 2020? 20 million. Because of Trump vs. Hillary 2016, production escalated to an all time high in 2016 on ammunition, preparing for a potential Hillary win. Trump won, we all saw that ammo prices tanked. Rebates were had to basically give away primers. Then ammo companies dialed back, fast. Because of the market at that time, ammo and component manufactures could not afford to prepare for 2020’s “just in case”, after hurting severely from 2016. Now they have to reallocate resources and create capitol to keep up with the demand of 6 million more new gun owners than the year before. Each person wants 200 rounds? That’s 120 millions rounds needed, just to catch up from the difference in new gun owners. Add that to the 72-million plus gun owners in America feeling anxious, you have yourself a shortage, and a willingness to pay a premium for those new owners, not knowing the old market, and those not stocked who feel they will not able to stock in the future.

I HEAR, around late March, primer manufactures expect to catchup, and we’ll see ammo prices slowly drop. However, if the Biden administration tries to block online ammo sales, it’s complete chaos for a while. If it passes, major city ammo prices skyrocket more, while small town prices drop tremendously over a short amount of time. Just my $0.02.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    If it comes down soon, I think everyone would be really happy. But based on past experience, I don't see that happening quickly. It will most likely be a slow ramp down over a year or two.

Oh...AND.....

0a4ruuN.jpg
    I love this guy. Only guy I ever saw that put Bill O'reilly at a complete loss for words :lmfao:
    9mm ball is down from the astounding 1000 it brought for a little while on GB but it's still triple what it was a year ago. Coming down is a relative statement. :twocents:

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    Hmmm, couple of years ago just before the first[?] ammo shortage time period and long waiting lines the CMP announced that they had 20,000,000 rounds of .22LR for sale in 5000 rd. boxes that came from a warehouse somewhere. It was all gone in about 3 or 4 days, but not before I did some figuring and placed an order for 100,000. Too good to pass up. Week later the Fed Ex guy pulled in my driveway with a dirty look on his face. Helped him unload 20 boxes and sent him on his way. My credit card freaked out big time, so I got busy and found some time to get rid of most of it, keeping 10,000 for myself at no cost. Put one case in the truck and went to town to talk to a friend of mine. Told him what I was doing, marked up the price per case to pay for what I was keeping, and this is what I want for the rest of it. Told him to open up the box and see for himself if he would be interested. It came in double sealed condition, and he was impressed with the condition, and the small mark-up I wanted for the 90,000 that was left over. He liked what he saw, impressed with my honesty, and said he would take all I had. Went hone loaded up, went back, told him he was going to help unload also. He was going to write me a check, I insisted on cash to keep the 'guvmint's nose out of the transfer, and got it. So that's 10,000 rds. still sealed, and the only cost to me was the gas used by my truck and my time involved. My cost for the ammo was $0.00 per rd. He told me later that he kept two cases for himself and sold the rest at a small mark-up just like I did. He got rid of the 80k rds. in less than one week. Everybody turned out to be happy campers. So what's the problem now?

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Hmmm, couple of years ago just before the first[?] ammo shortage time period and long waiting lines the CMP announced that they had 20,000,000 rounds of .22LR for sale in 5000 rd. boxes that came from a warehouse somewhere. It was all gone in about 3 or 4 days, but not before I did some figuring and placed an order for 100,000. Too good to pass up. Week later the Fed Ex guy pulled in my driveway with a dirty look on his face. Helped him unload 20 boxes and sent him on his way. My credit card freaked out big time, so I got busy and found some time to get rid of most of it, keeping 10,000 for myself at no cost. Put one case in the truck and went to town to talk to a friend of mine. Told him what I was doing, marked up the price per case to pay for what I was keeping, and this is what I want for the rest of it. Told him to open up the box and see for himself if he would be interested. It came in double sealed condition, and he was impressed with the condition, and the small mark-up I wanted for the 90,000 that was left over. He liked what he saw, impressed with my honesty, and said he would take all I had. Went hone loaded up, went back, told him he was going to help unload also. He was going to write me a check, I insisted on cash to keep the 'guvmint's nose out of the transfer, and got it. So that's 10,000 rds. still sealed, and the only cost to me was the gas used by my truck and my time involved. My cost for the ammo was $0.00 per rd. He told me later that he kept two cases for himself and sold the rest at a small mark-up just like I did. He got rid of the 80k rds. in less than one week. Everybody turned out to be happy campers. So what's the problem now?
    You filthy capitalist! :):

Top Bottom