• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I do know that like any other retail establishment, the quality of the "help" varies a great deal. And we ALL like to figuratively shake our heads at the gun counter employee B.S.

Without question. I have told the story on INGO about 18 year old me breaking up a bass fishing bull session to buy a HK93 only to be told it was "highly illegal" for that to happen. I know the law is a rationalization for inactivity.

I mean it's not like the food blisters are a complete dead giveaway to their sloth but I wish the lazy would find other work than gun counters.

If you have to do ammo registration because ATFE is all over you because of the gang bangers that frequent the place, just tell me. No reason to make nonsense up.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    If you have to do ammo registration because ATFE is all over you because of the gang bangers that frequent the place, just tell me. No reason to make nonsense up.
    Its easier to make something up to sound official. Good sheeple will dutifully follow the law, and seldom question a policy when you call it law. (or even try to look up said law)

On a related note, didnt that gun shop in southern indiana owned by that blonde retired ISP trooper chick go out of business for such shenanigans? As I recall they got burgled and felt like they had been surveilled by the perps before the hit. Afterward you had to present ID and have it scanned to even enter the store. I heard LOTS of folks told them to pound sand and turned around.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Didn’t Indy Arms suffer a break in recently by some young thugs? That may be the reason for all the “shenanigans“ going on with ammo sales at the shop. I’ve done a lot of business with Indy Arms and always found them to be “straight up” business people.
    Could it be that ATF is keeping an eye on the shop? :rockwoot:

LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis
    Why sell any ammo then? What good does an after the fact registration do for a prosecution (civil or criminal)?

I was thinking something lIke… if they get sued by someone who claims they bought ammo there, but their name doesn’t appear on the “bought ammo here” list the store might use that as a defense against the charges in that suit.

I am obviously not a lawyer, so please forgive my ignorance.

Stop there. There is only one answer to any question about "can someone sue..." The answer is "Yes".

Whether it will be a successful suit for them is a completely different questions as is how much it may cost to get rid of such a suit.

That seems so bizarre to me…I can sue anyone for anything, and the court has to hear the case?

What stops me from filing a bunch of false, frivolous, or harassing suits…anything?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I was thinking something lIke… if they get sued by someone who claims they bought ammo there, but their name doesn’t appear on the “bought ammo here” list the store might use that as a defense against the charges in that suit.

IANAL either but I'm PRETTY sure the burden of proof would be on me to prove the defective ammo I bought came from them. They do not have to prove they DIDNT sell it. Good luck trying to prove a negative.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Wal-Mart has been doing this for about 8 years. I went in once they asked for my DL I asked why. They told me federal law I said BS show me. Then they said corporate policy. I left without purchasing anything and haven't been back. Never heard anyone complain about Wal-Mart doing it.

My Wal Mart doesn't have any ammo worth buying, honestly. Probably limits the complaints.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Wal-Mart has been doing this for about 8 years. I went in once they asked for my DL I asked why. They told me federal law I said BS show me. Then they said corporate policy. I left without purchasing anything and haven't been back. Never heard anyone complain about Wal-Mart doing it.

I've never been asked at a Walmart in tippecanoe county

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

That seems so bizarre to me…I can sue anyone for anything, and the court has to hear the case?

What stops me from filing a bunch of false, frivolous, or harassing suits…anything?
    An old tennis buddy that was an attorney was fond of saying, you can sue anyone for anything but collecting is another matter. What stops you from filing inane lawsuits is $$$$, no one does it for free.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    IANAL either but I'm PRETTY sure the burden of proof would be on me to prove the defective ammo I bought came from them. They do not have to prove they DIDNT sell it. Good luck trying to prove a negative.
    Exactly. It would also seem that having more info on file could bring about more stuff being discoverable in the case of a lawsuit, etc.

VinceU1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Indy
    The exact same thing happened to me at the Sportsmans Warehouse in Brownsburg. They wanted to make a copy of my Indiana drivers license before they would sell me any ammo. When I asked why they said it was Company Policy.
    I left the ammo at checkout and left.

ISP 5353

Master
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Putnam County
    Had the same experience at the Brownsburg Sportsman's Warehouse. I talked to corporate and they said they would investigate and get back to me. Never heard a thing. Will not go back there!

Reactions: Leo

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    So they already registered you.
    What is your definition of "register" ?
    Did I provide ID to shoot? Yes. Is that "registration"? Ok, got registered. If you use a CC you are also "registered".

As a society, we are tracked from birth to death, by numerous .gov agencies. Do I like it? No, but I can limit it to what I am comfortable with to the best of my ability. If they start coming for people, I'm probably not nearly as important to them as I think I am.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Anyway next time your in town, and need Ammo, or anything.. @Kirk Freeman I am going to recommend the Outdoorsman down on 135.
    1010 S. State Road 135 Greenwood, IN 46143

Its an old school outdoor sporting shop.. all the ammo you would ever need, and anything else..

View attachment 348601
    AE Ammo is a WAY better choice for Ammo on the greater south-side. And I say that as a long-time customer of and a fan of The Outdoorsman and the dudes that work there.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    AE Ammo is a WAY better choice for Ammo on the greater south-side. And I say that as a long-time customer of and a fan of The Outdoorsman and the dudes that work there.
    Yeah but Outdoorsman has more to see and look at, Aeammo is just cheap good ammo.. both have their place.
    Outdoorsman also beats Aeammo for weird calibers. 7.65 Parabellum? They got it.. 303? they got it. 30-40 krag for your old deer gun? They got it.

Fishin stuff... Archery.. etc

Top Bottom