Ammo shortage influencing focus on marksmanship?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghostdncr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Louisville
    I know the recent ammo shortage has directly influenced my shooting. Where I would shoot through a brick of .22's in a single afternoon, I may drive all the way out to the range and only fire ten or twenty precise rounds, now. I've gotten completely out of control with the dry fire exercises, position building, repetition drills, and all that. I've also wandered upon several conversations here at work where guys were discussing shooting fundamentals. Visiting websites and watching videos meant to enhance marksmanship skills were topics of these conversations. Once again, it seems there's another silver lining to the recent foolishness. An enhanced focus on the fundamentals of marksmanship will only serve to make us better shooters and more capable in the role of citizen soldiers. :patriot:

What do you think?

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    At close to $4 a gallon, if I drive, I'm going to shoot!

That being said, I've renewed my interest in bolt actions and can make a box of 50 223's last a few hours.

jaschutz79

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    Bad practice makes for bad habits. I fully support dry fire but it has to be a progression in perfect fundamentals. If u rip out 100 ****ty draws...it does nothing to advance u as a shooter.

As far as live fire...i personally start every session with slow accurate fundamental drills. But if all u do is practice this way, all u will be is a slow accurate shooter. Making the accurate shots as fast as u can is how i train.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Haven't really changed how I shoot, but have cut back on how often and how much. Still just popping milk jugs.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    iSeekLight
    Top Bottom