• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tk71

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    ECI
    I am looking for something to securely store ammo in I have been looking for a cabinet with shelves. I wondered what other people used. I currently have it stored in my gun safe and wanting more space.

indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    I have an old metal 4-drawer locking file cabinet I use. Each drawer is probably 2.5 feet long. It is VERY convenient to use one drawer for handgun ammo, one for rifle ammo, etc...

You can usually pick up older locking file cabinets on Craigslist for pretty cheap.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I have a steel medicine cabinet, like from a doctor's office I guess. It is lockable. My son bought it at a garage sell, and As soon as I saw it I bought it from him for ammo. It has four shelves that hold lots of ammo, plus four thin shelves in the door. I have a few ammo cans for dry storing the ammo I won't be using for a long time.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I use regular metal shelves that you buy from Menards or Lowes. Gun safes or those metal cabinets wouldn't go very far...

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I use regular metal shelves that you buy from Menards or Lowes. Gun safes or those metal cabinets wouldn't go very far...

Are you worried about security at all?

IU has an obsolete furniture sales place. We've bought desks and such from them before and you can find stuff that's in really good shape sometimes. In fact, I'm thinking of going up there Monday to see what sorts of cabinets they might have ready to sell.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I picked up one of those industrial storage cabinets for 30 bucks at a church garage sale. It came with 5 selves and it locks up. We have 10 long arms could hold maybe 25 and using two selves holding about 2k or more rounds on each. Really sturdy and well made.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Are you worried about security at all?

IU has an obsolete furniture sales place. We've bought desks and such from them before and you can find stuff that's in really good shape sometimes. In fact, I'm thinking of going up there Monday to see what sorts of cabinets they might have ready to sell.

Not really. You would have to break in to my house, then break into another deadbolt door to the basement, defeat my security system, etc.

Top Bottom