• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeepsandguns

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2013
    Carmel
    I travel to Texas for work often and would like to bring my EDC. I know I can't fly with ammo in a locked box, so I would have to get new ammo every time I go. Then I would have to find some way to get rid of it before I left (would love to shoot it, but not always on the schedule). So my question is does anyone know of a small storage solution I could rent monthly that I could keep a box of ammo at? My first thought would be a Mail Boxes Etc by the airport, but I imagine they would not be thrilled about being an ammo locker.

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    Check with the airlines if you take ammo as they can have rules on how it must be packed differnt than TSA. Had one that would only allow factory boxed ammo. Rules are not understood by their help sometimes also. Don't get mad just go up the food chain till you get someone who knows the rules.

Jarhead77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Noblesville
    ....or take the TSA and airline rules with you....I print them off of their websites every time....I've never had any trouble flying with ammo....

Hogwylde

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Moved to Tucson, AZ
    I fly with ammo all the time. Every time I spot a good deal, I pick it up. Doesn't matter if I have my gun with me or not. I just stuff it inside a shoe to keep it from bouncing around inside my luggage and breaking open the box. NEVER have a problem with anyone. Just make sure it's in your CHECKED luggage. No way they will let you take it in your carry on.

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    NE of Indy
    I purchase ammo on occasion when I fly out of state on business. I have learned since the ammo scare to always pack a small ammo can with my postal scale. Seem excessive? Probably is, LOL, but I have found some great deals and didn't have to pass on them. You can travel with up to 11lbs in its original packaging. (I always try to stay around 10lbs.) My last trip I brought back 4 100rd boxes of Federal .223 at $34 a box that runs $40 up here! Anyways, always declare what you have in your checked bag and ask for the orange card to sign and place in your bag. My last trip the airline agent told me she didn't 'think' I needed it. I politely and respectfully asked her for it to be on the safe side and she gave me one. Also, to keep your costs down, make sure your bag isn't over 50lbs total. :)

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    As others have said it's perfectly legal to fly with small arms ammunition in checked baggage. You have to claim it at the counter and follow the airline's policies.

Top Bottom