• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frost49

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Tim Buk 2
    So I have finally taken over a walk in closet in my house for my stuff. I have my ammo mostly in .50 cal cans with either the moisture crystal packs in them or some home made rice bags. If I remove the ammo from the cans and put up on shelves in the closet do I need to worry about moisture? Closet stays dry. No mold or mildew ever. Plus it's cedar lined so the moths won't eat holes in my guns.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    So I have finally taken over a walk in closet in my house for my stuff. I have my ammo mostly in .50 cal cans with either the moisture crystal packs in them or some home made rice bags. If I remove the ammo from the cans and put up on shelves in the closet do I need to worry about moisture? Closet stays dry. No mold or mildew ever. Plus it's cedar lined so the moths won't eat holes in my guns.

Grandpa's has kept his ammo in a cardboard box then open plastic tub and in his back room, some since before I was born. It all goes bang, but the brass does turn brown.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Got central heating/air? You'll be fine.

I've got lots of small lot ammo, and ammo cans are just inefficient for that. You've either got empty space in the can or calibers mixed together. For stuff like that I've got a shelf with a bunch of decent sized parts drawers that I put ammo in. Works a charm.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I purchased a $50.00 food vacuum sealer from Menard's and a couple of rolls of bagging.
    I place a couple of boxes of ammo in a bag. I stick in a label with date and caliber on both sides.
    I just opened a bag sealed several years ago. All went bang.

A helpfill hint, make two or three seals on both ends. also let the seal cool before opening and removing the bag.

thomasred5

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 15, 2016
    Central Indiana
    I put my stuff on stripper clips, no cardboard inserts, in .50 ammo cans with oxygen and moisture eaters. If you do it right, you can get 1000 in each one. The oxygen eater is overkill, but I had them so i figured wth..

Top Bottom