• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    This. I knew a few folks that lived in Austin, rat hole filled with people that lack teeth, common sense and anger control due to their brains turned into swiss cheese from meth.

And hookers, don't forget about the hookers!

Funny story. My wife did taxes and shared with me how it seemed strange there were so many cleaning businesses in Austin. Lets just say the appearance of these people were not exactly what most of us would hire to clean our homes or commercial property. Think about it for a minute.

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    The search really isn't an issue if you permit it to happen, have nothing to hide, and don't mind waiting around while somebody else goes through your stuff.

That said, I'd just say no regardless. If you think I'm doing something illegal - you can prove it and get a warrant.

No, just say no. Nothing like agreeing to a search because you know there is nothing to find, and lo' and behold that nice cop finds a bag of something.

Now, I know that 98.9% of the cops out there are straight up LEO's. But it would be just my luck to get the one (or two) that ain't. So my answer will always be, "Am I being detained? No, I do not consent to a search of my vehicle".

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I can't count the number of times I was pulled over and then told to exit the vehicle. Every time, I did make sure my windows were up and then lock my doors.
    Never, has my car been searched but they always ask to except a couple of times the cop's partner tried to jiggle the handle. One even complained - "Hey, this door's locked." :laugh:

The line that was standard through them all was - "What have you got to hide?" Ah, the games they play.

My car looked much faster than they saw me doing. It was so cool, it looked like it was speeding at a complete stop.
    I was late for work a lot back then.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    No, just say no. Nothing like agreeing to a search because you know there is nothing to find, and lo' and behold that nice cop finds a bag of something.
    I did say 'I would just say no,' somewhere in this thread but I was just saying that the search that already happened was not a big deal since nothing was found - beyond the waste of time and the invasion of privacy.

If somebody wants to search my car, they can prove they need to and get a warrant was the point I was trying to make. I should try and be more clear, I'm mixing up two points in the same paragraph which explains why I wasn't understood the way I meant.

Edit: I said "just say no" twice before this post :).

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I did say 'I would just say no,' somewhere in this thread but I was just saying that the search that already happened was not a big deal since nothing was found - beyond the waste of time and the invasion of privacy.

If somebody wants to search my car, they can prove they need to and get a warrant was the point I was trying to make. I should try and be more clear, I'm mixing up two points in the same paragraph which explains why I wasn't understood the way I meant.

Edit: I said "just say no" twice before this post :).

They do not necessarily need a warrant either, Officer Chompy has fabulous hit rate :cool:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Showing off for the ride along sounds like.

Was the officers name Barney? :)

My thoughts exactly.

Me...Am I being detained officer??
    Officer...No.

Me...do you have reason to search my vehicle. Is my paper work in order, any warrants, do I look to be stoned or smell of alcohol??

Officer...No

Me...Is there a ticket involved here??

Officer...No

Me...OK, see ya.

I do not care what they are saying no one gets in my vehicle. Nothing to find but no reason to look either.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    They do not necessarily need a warrant either, Officer Chompy has fabulous hit rate :cool:
    If they bring out Officer Chompy I would go ahead and assume I'm getting searched regardless. I know I don't have anything that would alert the dog but that won't stop the officer from suggesting the dog 'hit'.

When all was said and done and nothing was found I would expect the normal, "There was an illegal substance in this car at one time. You're just lucky we didn't catch you... This time."

I wish there were some sort of repercussions to a search that yields nothing after Officer Chompy indicated there was something to search for.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    My thoughts exactly.

Me...Am I being detained officer??
    Officer...No.

Me...do you have reason to search my vehicle. Is my paper work in order, any warrants, do I look to be stoned or smell of alcohol??

Officer...No

Me...Is there a ticket involved here??

Officer...No

Me...OK, see ya.

I do not care what they are saying no one gets in my vehicle. Nothing to find but no reason to look either.
    This is far too much talking. "Am I being detained? Am I free to go? I do not consent to searches or seizure of my person or my property."

Rinse, repeat.

Two-Tornadoes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Where everybody knows my name
    At one point in time, I thought if I ever got pulled over I would hand my LTCH to a LEO but, not anymore.

I have seen to many posts on here that end up the same way.

Make them get a search warrant if they want to search your vehicle and lock the vehicle if they make you get out of the car.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is far too much talking. "Am I being detained? Am I free to go? I do not consent to searches or seizure of my person or my property."

Rinse, repeat.

Me...just trying to part ways with someone obviously bored or looking looking to impress his superiors.

Officer....Oh poop.

Wrong thread for the poop reference...sorry

Nim

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2013
    Falls City Area / Clark County
    I have seen a few posts like this with the LEO asking to search a vehicle with no real probably suspiscion or cause.

Allowing them to do so speaks to the culture that they(LE) have created.

Stories abound of LEO finding the smallest of infractions and making a huge stink about it and thus ruining, or at least making a big inconvenience, to a persons life.

There are a lot of LEO who seem entitled to intimidate regular citizens(POWER TRIP).

I have spoke to one LEO recently who says that this attitude is "simmering" just below the surface of most LEO personel. They feel dispected and indanger of their life, every second of their day. Actual incidents do seem to occur on a regular basis where the LEO is in danger or maybe just verbally abused for no good reason.

One thing this LEO told me was that they can not effectively do their job without having multiple cameras(cell phones) popping out to record every second of every incident.

I totally respect their viewpoint and admire the fact that the vast majority of them DO keep this problem at a low level and under wraps.

However, everyone has a boils over eventually. Just hope you are out of the line of fire when that happens.

Top Bottom