• ...and so much more!
  • infiremedic07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Lapel/Noblesville
    Hey guys,
    I know a lot of us feel like we are on the verge of some massive battles to maintain our 2A rights and we may from time to time feel like we are beating our heads into brick walls. While we are not going to be able to convince the entirety of our population that our 2A is fundamental to our way of life here, we can still continue to educate those with open minds. I see it all the time where people who are initially adamant about the lack of a need for 30 round magazines and evil "black guns", are spoken to about the basis for the 2A and why having the ability to adequately defend ourselves and neighbors have their eyes opened to the realities of gun ownership. We are doing a good job. Keep talking calmly and with facts to fight the emotional arguments and we will win more over. I have yet to see someone truly switch from pro 2A to anti 2A when confronted with not emotion but with facts.
    Don't kill yourself to convince those that are being driven by emotion and by a single data point. There are some that you will not convince regardless of the data you present to them. But when you get the chance use the knowledge that you have with good facts.
    just trying to give some encouragement in this difficult time.
    Keep the faith and eat more bacon!:bacondance:

EDIT

Please feel free to add stories of how you were able to open someones eyes to the truth. Kinda like a Chicken soup for the Gunowners Soul!

Last edited:

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I had a good conversation yesterday with a lady I work with. She and I have a great personal and professional relationship, and she knows I excerise my 2A rights.

She asked my thoughts about the upcoming gun ban, and I said I was very concerned that our President would be overstepping his authority with an executive order.

She asked why I needed "one of those big scarey guns like they used in Sandyhook." I responded "For the same reason the secret service uses similar guns to protect President Obama's family."

She said "I never thought about it that way."

I went on to explain that a ban high capacity "clips" (yes I know they are magazines) were not a matter of safety, but about control and that in most of the recetn shootings there were several minutes before first responders arrived, and that much of the same # and type of casualties could have been done just as easy with smaller magazines, or even single shots.

It was a very amicable debated, and I thanked for for having an open mind. She's from New York, and admitted she had never been around guns, so wasn't sure what they were all about.

So, to the OP...I agree, those with an open mind are usually willing to have a very reasonable and logical discussion.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    EDIT

Please feel free to add stories of how you were able to open someones eyes to the truth. Kinda like a Chicken soup for the Gunowners Soul!

My mom recently posted to facebook that she has joined the NRA. Its significant because I dont honestly know if she's ever shot one. I showed her my AR the last time she came for a visit and said "is that a machine gun!?"

Shes not an enthusiast by any means, but I believe Ive convinced her that it is an important freedom worth fighting for.

grogie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Wheeling Around Indy
    Good thread idea.

On many, many occasions, I run into co-workers who think owning a gun makes someone a nutcase. But recently a vendor (female) was talking about getting a gun and I sent her the name of a NRA instructor to take his safety and personal protection courses. I haven't asked her if she's done so yet, but it's always good to run into someone who doesn't own a gun, and has common sense about them.

Top Bottom