An interesting story... Found through facebook.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Great article, it all goes to situation awareness and a need to carry, better to have it and not need it then to need it and not have it!

Tru3Flight91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    West Point, New York
    Great article, it all goes to situation awareness and a need to carry, better to have it and not need it then to need it and not have it!

Amen to that friend. Virginia Tech was a very harrowing experience for many people. If there had been ONE student/teacher/staff member with a weapon much of the massacre probably wouldn't have happened. This article provides us with the facts. And the facts point to one conclusion it is better to have a gun than not to have one.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I remember reading about this. It took 3 days of searching for the original story, but in the original I did say that the assailant was brought down by two students with guns. Good read though. Thanks for posting.

Tru3Flight91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    West Point, New York
    a good read. as a college student, it makes me wish the rules were different. seems people would be less tempted to shoot the place up.

I couldn't agree with you more, there's little sense at all in limiting CC rights on a college campus. It's not a legal issue either, just university discretion.

I should be able to carry my gun wherever it's legal for me to do so and in my mind a college campus should be one of those places. I'm more likely to get shot at a University than I am at a Taco Bell. Just sayin'

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I have read, but I don't remember where, so I can't back it up, that it is actuall POLICY for some media that they don't report civilians stopping crime with a firearm. Supposedly because they don't want to encourage "vigilantiism."

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    I hadn't heard of the incident at the Appalachian School of Law at all, so I did some quick Googling to learn more about it. There are apparently a couple versions of the story even among the eye witnesses. (This is not uncommon, really, as people see the same things differently from different vantage points or something like that.)

The Wikipedia page includes both eyewitness accounts and appears to be well documented.
    Appalachian School of Law shooting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If the media had even mentioned that two students had been armed, they probably also would have pointed out that they were both LEO. The third guy, who tackled the shooter, was not only LEO but also had a Marine background. I am surprised the media reports didn't focus on that aspect more: that the students who brought down the shooter were all three trained LEO/MIL. The media often has an attitude of "Leave it to those who have been trained for it" and encourages the public to simply cower in fear and hope the BG just decides not to shoot them.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom