• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frost49

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Tim Buk 2
    With the change last year in Ohio, I was wondering if anyone had actually been unfortunate enough to put the new carry reciprocity to the test? Meaning unfortunate enough to be pulled over by OSP or a local leo and have to inform about carrying?

Nacelle

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2015
    Muncie
    Thankfully I only go to Ohio a couple times a year. Something tells me that the experience isn't going to be good. Even if they know the law.

gabrigger

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Wayne County
    I wasn't pulled over, but had a vehicle breakdown on I-71 north of Cincinnati last Labor Day weekend, and pulled off onto the shoulder. An Ohio State Trooper pulled up behind me to see what was going on. I figured I was in for a hassle, being out of state. The trooper came up to the passenger side window, which was rolled down. He said "How are you doing today". My response was "The first thing I need to tell you is that I am lawfully carrying a concealed handgun. Do you have any particular instructions?" His response was "Nope. Just keep it where it is. What can I do to help you?" It was much less eventful than I had anticipated. The trooper was a relatively young guy, so I figured he would be gung ho, etc., but he was actually pretty friendly. It would be nice if all interactions in Ohio were like this.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    I only live a few miles from Ohio so I frequently carry there. No interactions yet, but I'll be sure to update if it happens.

TCLe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    West Lafayette
    Haven't had any issues yet, except having to deal with signage when I visited Columbus. At least now I know I can legally conceal carry instead of working with open carry shenanigans.

Frost49

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Tim Buk 2
    Thanks for the responses so far. I sure hope no one has to be the "test case" for CC in Ohio with our LTCH. I'll be traveling I-70 through Dayton and then north on Saturday. I won't be giving any Ohio Leo's a reason to have an interaction with me.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I went yesterday, I go every other week. I also drive fast... so... I'm sure I'll have an update to this post at some point.

OC has gone fine, though. Few gas stations here and there (pretty much every single one on the way out of Cincy to Indy.)

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Someone posted their interaction with one of the Ohio LEOs on here a month or so after it went into law. I will see if I can dig it up. If I remember correctly everything went just fine.

SouthernStar25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 6, 2013
    West Of The Fields
    Thanks for the responses so far. I sure hope no one has to be the "test case" for CC in Ohio with our LTCH. I'll be traveling I-70 through Dayton and then north on Saturday. I won't be giving any Ohio Leo's a reason to have an interaction with me.

You just gave the best advice for everyone going through Slow-hio -- do NOT stand on the gas. A trucker friend of mine told me no more than 5 mph over the speed limit. That has served me well during my trips through the Buckeye State.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup

You just gave the best advice for everyone going through Slow-hio -- do NOT stand on the gas. A trucker friend of mine told me no more than 5 mph over the speed limit. That has served me well during my trips through the Buckeye State.

This is the best advice. Ohio is notorious for stopping people for even a little over. Watch your speed and hope that's enough. Don't be a money teat ripe for the milking.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This is the best advice. Ohio is notorious for stopping people for even a little over. Watch your speed and hope that's enough. Don't be a money teat ripe for the milking.
    Been that way for awhile. I got stopped for 61/55 probably >30 years ago.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I have to drive all the way across Ohio to go to PA several times a year.

1. Buy a couple of books on CD.

2. Set the cruise control.

:D

I have had a Florida license forever, so I've been legal in Ohio for a very long time. No problems.

Top Bottom