Not open for further replies.

mizzi

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 19, 2011
    Broad Ripple
    ladies and gentlemen,

Everybody calls me mizzi, not sure why. It's been that way for as long as I can remember, but i digress... I grew up hunting and shooting (guns, bows, spears, anything with a projectile) and generally enjoying the great outdoors in northern IN, hailing from Whitley County. Upon moving to southern IN with the Mrs. many years ago, i regretfully gave up enjoying many things in an effort to work myself to death. Now, we've been living in Broad Ripple for about a decade or so.

Last year, I drove out of the city to meet a buddy, and he was doing some target shooting when i arrived. It was like riding a bike, and my interest was renewed. You can take a man out of the country, but you can't take the country out of a man.

I had donated (with my Pop's encouragement) everything except my old .22 to cousins and nephews that were able to put them to better use many years ago. So here I am, starting fresh years later.

I've been shooting everything i can get my hands on, and reading everything i can lay my eyes on to decide what to buy. The INGO site has been an excellent resource in a bunch of different areas. I fear that it will take a long time to reach 50 posts before throwing in a one liner, as I seem to be not only a joker, but primarily a consumer of information in my first experience trying to choose what to purchase. But i'll gladly put my time in to contribute positively to the forums despite the rookie stature.

I have figured out one thing... love the Sigs. My first purchase, and first handgun ever, was a P226 SCT 9mm. I've been launching lead out of it everytime i get a spare moment, and adding to the collection every time the Mrs. turns around! The good news is... i'm spending less on golf. The bad news... i'm spending more on lead. Ahhh, yes,...the ying and the yang.

Looking forward to learning more about everybody's shooting habits and favorites in several calibers.

Sigs eat everything, that's all i know right now.

Thanks for your time,
    mizzi

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Welcome to INGO! Make sure you check out Marion County Fish & Game. They have a great range, shooting bays, and some of the best shooting events in the city... well, probably the only shooting events in the city, but you know what I mean. If interested, just post when you would like to go and a number of us can/will get you in for a look and some target practice.

mizzi

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 19, 2011
    Broad Ripple
    thanks for the welcome everybody. And a special thanks to Que for extending the offer for Marion County Fish & Game. I'll be graciously accepting that offer soon.

but this weekend... heading to the Muncie to shoot a coworker's Saiga! it'll be my first time... good bye saiga-ginity!

Booyah!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom