• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Consider the source, Schumer is an idiot.
    It's not like Amtrack has a great safety record as it is.

He may be an idiot and you can even deride him as a Democrat. But, don't underestimate his position. He's a powerful lawmaker from a "glamour" state and is a member of an organization that finds it remarkably easy to pass laws limiting our freedoms.

$10 says that a version of this law is passed before the end of the year. After all, it's for our own good.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I know that your are probably right. But I doubt there will even be a law passed. They'll just increase the size of the TSA and start groping kids and grandmas at train station

orange

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Gary! Not cool.
    Good thinking; a terrorist could totally hijack a train with a pair of nail clippers and ram it into the Empire State Building. Thank you Mr. Schumer for protecting America :patriot:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I call B.S.

Phantom Osama's phantom laptop is going to be used for endless government expansions and rights-stomping security programs. How convenient.

A senator on Sunday called for a "no-ride list" for Amtrak trains after intelligence gleaned from the raid on Osama bin Laden's compound pointed to potential attacks on the nation's train system.

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    I call B.S.

Phantom Osama's phantom laptop is going to be used for endless government expansions and rights-stomping security programs. How convenient.

But, but....the threat is REAL!!

Rail security breaches have officials on edge - NYPOST.com

Suspicious Package Forces Evacuation Of Mockingbird DART Station In Dallas « CBS Dallas / Fort Worth

And maybe we need to expand the .gov checkpoints to sidewalks too!

NYPD bomb squad investigates parked SUV in Bronx as jittery neighbors watch

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    Chuckles has nothing to worry about from me. I can not think of a reason that I would ever want to ride any train, let alone an Amtrak one. Some of our tracks are in such bad shape that the train is literally crawling over very long stretches. Would be a good time to get out and walk along side on a trail for exercise. Our elected clowns and idiots do not seem to be doing much to actually make our lives better. Every time I hear about something that they are trying to do, I just cringe in disbelief. All of us citizens will soon have to be carrying more than our driver's licenses to move around while the illegals will somehow get a free pass or some kind of exemption. We will have to pay for this protective service while the illegals will also get some kind of a free pass. Just the sight of Chuckie Shumer and his nasally and whiny voice makes me feel like someone is dragging their fingernails across the blackboard.

Top Bottom