• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    After buying a 43 Izhevsk M44 from John the Plinker last week I only needed one more M44 to complete my Russian string of M44's . Well my quest for my hex reciever 45 Izhevsk M44 is over. After deciding last week that is what I wanted i set off on a search and figured it would take quite a while to find one. Well I found one on Gunbroker rather fast, but I also found a posting on Gunboards from Eric @ Aim stating he had a couple of "non-Tula" hex reciever M44's in stock so I decided to snap them both up and hope to get a 1945........( and maybe even a 1944 to boot)
    Well I am pleased to say I now have my Hex reciever 1945 Izhevsk M44, rather I have 2 of them, and am very pleased with both.
    Now the hard part, deciding if I am going to keep them both

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    I always hate looking at your posts. It makes me realize how puny my two Mosin collection is. haha. I really haven't gotten into the collecting thing quite yet, but I enjoy the heck out of shooting them.

jay2981

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I love seeing your new finds. They've kinda helped give me ideas of hat to keep an eye out for with the mosins. Congrats!!

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Now the hard part, deciding if I am going to keep them both

GIVE ONE TO PRINTCRAFT
    GIVE ONE TO PRINTCRAFT

GIVE ONE TO PRINTCRAFT
    GIVE ONE TO PRINTCRAFT

GIVE ONE TO PRINTCRAFT
    GIVE ONE TO PRINTCRAFT

GIVE ONE TO PRINTCRAFT
    GIVE ONE TO PRINTCRAFT

This subliminal message brought to you by printcraft!

:D

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    You may have sellers remorse if you were to split the pair up...I wouldn't risk it.

Your collection is an inspiration to me...I'm green eyed with envy!

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    You are sick dude...That twenty years in the Gulag created a monster who seeks out fugly commie guns rich in history and recoil....There is help...I just don't know where though...

Congrats on the latest find...I am going to try and find you a cd of 50's commie "worker music" that you can listen too while you bathe in a tub of cosmoline...:D

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Have you disassembled them yet and got the dates off the receiver yet? It almost looks like there might be an old imperial property mark on the one with the PM serial prefix.

So how does a M44 have a hex? Is it a cutdown hex 91/30 or reused hex M38?

At certain times the Soviets reused older receivers rather than make new ones. At that late stage of the war there was probably a large pile of worn out or damaged rifles so the Soviets, not wanting to waste a perfectly good receiver, rebuilt some into M44s.

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    Have you disassembled them yet and got the dates off the receiver yet? It almost looks like there might be an old imperial property mark on the one with the PM serial prefix.

At certain times the Soviets reused older receivers rather than make new ones. At that late stage of the war there was probably a large pile of worn out or damaged rifles so the Soviets, not wanting to waste a perfectly good receiver, rebuilt some into M44s.

I just pulled them from there stocks John and both of them are built on 1933 Izhevsk recievers, what are the odds of that....:dunno:

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    You are sick dude...That twenty years in the Gulag created a monster who seeks out fugly commie guns rich in history and recoil....There is help...I just don't know where though...

Congrats on the latest find...I am going to try and find you a cd of 50's commie "worker music" that you can listen too while you bathe in a tub of cosmoline...:D

But I learned a useful trade while in Uncle Joes pleasure Spa, here is a grooup pic of some of the guys enjoying the beautiful weather.

Thats me to the right in the front row and JohnthePlinker to the far left. :cheers:

It will be easy to tell...Look outside your window and if you see pigs flying you will know millertyme let go of a mosin...:D

Not true Rick, I just sold this rare 1939 Mosin Nagant ACAC ( Assualt Commando Attack Carbine), here is a pic with the proud owner

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    I just pulled them from there stocks John and both of them are built on 1933 Izhevsk recievers, what are the odds of that....:dunno:

Dang, that is crazy!

But I learned a useful trade while in Uncle Joes pleasure Spa, here is a grooup pic of some of the guys enjoying the beautiful weather.

Thats me to the right in the front row and JohnthePlinker to the far left. :cheers:

Not true Rick, I just sold this rare 1939 Mosin Nagant ACAC ( Assualt Commando Attack Carbine), here is a pic with the proud owner

Hey I remember when that pic was taken!:n00b: Only warm day of the year!:buddies:
    :D

:bowdown:to the ACAC!

Top Bottom