Anderson area I need a good non gun lawyer.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • infiremedic07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Lapel/Noblesville
    Anderson area affordable lawyer needed.
    Long story summed up.
    Owned horse.
    Boarded horse with someone else.
    Horse escaped through open gate.
    I was NOT there.
    Horse in middle of road
    Car hits horse
    I am named in lawsuit.
    Need to get removed from lawsuit.

infiremedic07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Lapel/Noblesville
    I am aware this can end up in court. Dont care so much. Not gonna say anything that I don't want in court.
    Also the horse was killed instantly. The guy only spent a couple hours in the ER. Needless to say the boarders insurance already replaced his car and paid the ER visit. Not sure what else he wants.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am aware this can end up in court. Dont care so much. Not gonna say anything that I don't want in court.
    Also the horse was killed instantly. The guy only spent a couple hours in the ER. Needless to say the boarders insurance already replaced his car and paid the ER visit. Not sure what else he wants.

Money....he wants money.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Ask the boarder's insurance if they included your name on the Release they got when they settled the claim or will do so. Do you have a contract with the boarder? Does it address this situation?

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    If the horse was yours, your probably not going to get your name removed. Report this to your homeowners insurance and they will provide a lawyer.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Is the lawsuit against you only? Just because you are named on a lawsuit......I don't think that means the judge will allow it. And if he did, I think you could then go after the stable, the gate maker, gate distributor, employees of stable, etc. for any judgement against you.

donnie1581

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Elwood, IN
    Zaki Ali is a great criminal defense lawyer but I'm not sure if he could help you with a civil case. He might be able to refer you to someone who can though.

pdg45acp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Kokomo
    Anderson area affordable lawyer needed.
    Long story summed up.
    Owned horse.
    Boarded horse with someone else.
    Horse escaped through open gate.
    I was NOT there.
    Horse in middle of road
    Car hits horse
    I am named in lawsuit.
    Need to get removed from lawsuit.

I used a guy named McFarland once 20 years ago, he was good but I'm not sure he's still in Anderson.

I think any good lawyer is going to tell you that you are on the hook as the owner, he will also tell you that you might have a case against the horse boarder, depending on the wording of any contracts that you signed.

........................... Report this to your homeowners insurance and they will provide a lawyer.

That's probably the best thing to do.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Google Julie Fershtman...........contact her. It sounds like she is the Heavyweight Equine Champion of the Legal Universe.

Direct Phone Line: (248) 785-4731

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I guess my question would be.....How do you not see a full grown horse in the middle of the road.......could there have been a distraction as maybe Texting?????

infiremedic07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Lapel/Noblesville
    In my own research I came across a similiar case in indiana case law. It was an appeals case decision called briggs v finley 1994. It upheld the dismissal of a case similar to mine. It actually releases the owner/boarder from liability unless the following three things can be proven in these types of animals at large case. One is that there was negligent fencing. An accidental gate being left open was labeled insufficient for negligence unless there was a history. Second that the owner knew the animal was out. And third that they took no action to recover the animal. And since I was neither there nor did I know about it until afterward I believe my liability is clearly not provable. Also the boarder was there trying to recover the animal.
    The driver told the boarder that he did not see the horse in the middle of the road because he was looking at the other horse on the side of the road. I am just thankful the driver did not hit the boarder. (He is also my FIL)
    Google briggs v finley. The university of vermont did a good synopsis of the appelate courts decision coconcerning animals at large. Might come in handy for those of you who own any type of animal.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    If the horse was yours, your probably not going to get your name removed. Report this to your homeowners insurance and they will provide a lawyer.

^^^ This, likely, but not for certain....and I am at a firm that does this sort of thing. Report it now.

Top Bottom