• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tomc1947

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    YODER
    I'm a complete novice when it comes to AR's, but given political events these days, I'm thinking it might be a good time to get one while we still can.
    Could be a nice project for the winter and I might learn something.
    I'm not close to a Cabelas, but a LGS is advertising Aero Precision lowers for $69. Like I said, don't know AR's, is this a good price and does Aero make a good product?

Last edited:

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Today I received an email saying my order was ready to be picked. Shortly after getting home from work, I headed to the gun counter requesting the pickup. Within 20 minutes I had all my lowers, headed out the door. One 4473 for multiple lowers was nice! After briefly inspecting each one and for the most part being good, one was a little sharp around the grip area, I was pretty happy with the purchase. Can't wait to get some parts kits in and start assembling. Final price factoring in 2% back on the club card was right at $52. It looks like they are back in stock for everyone looking for a BF build.

mannus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    I ordered 2 Anderson stripped receivers from Primary Arms for 110.00 shipped on Friday and picked them up from my FFL yesterday.

Huntinfool

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    I ordered 2 Anderson stripped receivers from Primary Arms for 110.00 shipped on Friday and picked them up from my FFL yesterday.

Did that include your transfer cost? If so not a bad deal, just not as good as Cabelas offer.

Looks like Cabelas is showing them as out of stock now. And not able to be put in your cart, or backordered either. So hopefully the ones that were already ordered come in on schedule.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    I'm in no hurry to receive mine. I'd kept on wanting to buy lowers for a while and no one local had them at a good price. Cabelas came in at a good time and a good deal. Now I play the patience game.

Huntinfool

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    I'm guessing his FFL charged him an additional transfer fee. And I assume even if he used Cabelas, they also charge to do a transfer. But I'm not sure.

lstout

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 16, 2016
    NW Indy
    I got three of these last year and I've been pretty satisfied with them. Do anyone know if Cabelas has a limit on how many you can buy?

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    I got three of these last year and I've been pretty satisfied with them. Do anyone know if Cabelas has a limit on how many you can buy?

I found out that you can only buy 5 within a 5 day period. So with that being said every fifth day you could buy 5 more from what I was told at the gun counter.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I'm in no hurry to receive mine. I'd kept on wanting to buy lowers for a while and no one local had them at a good price. Cabelas came in at a good time and a good deal. Now I play the patience game.

Me neither. The sooner they come in, the sooner I will be spending money on parts for another rifle. I still have a different build I will be finishing this weekend.

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!

I'm right there with you. I plan on eventually building them but by no means am going to do it tomorrow. For the deal I got I can wait. Also the Noblesville Cabelas is only 5 mins from my house so no big deal.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Has anyone who bought these on back order heard anything from Cabelas on these yet?

The charge has shown up on my as "pending" on my bank activity summary at least 3 times in the past two weeks, but still hasn't officially gone through. That seems odd to me.

Huntinfool

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    I placed my order on 11/06/16 Just got the notice today that I could pick them up. Hopefully yours will be in soon. When did you order.

I had just checked at the store on Saturday and they had no idea when they would come in. Oddly enough the website shows them available again (but at a higher price) even though all backorders haven't been shipped out.

Top Bottom