android app to store username password file.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I have an android and need to get a good secure APP that I can use to store a document of sorts. In the past I used the memo/note feature on my palm centro to have a file that I could list all my user-names and passwords in one location. It worked great because it was a module that I could setup so that it wasn't accessible unless you physically had my phone in your hand.

My Android, however, freaks me out in terms of potential hack-ability. I don't trust the security of anything having the word google associated to it. Anyone have any recommendations for a good secure app. I would settle with just a text document that couldn't be accessed by anyone without a password.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    How about using Minus or another "drop box/cloud" type of service? Although it would require you having internet access all the times (at least when you need it) but you could access it from a desktop or other device by logging in.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    lastpass.com is absolutely fantastic for securing passwords for websites, etc. For everything else, I use a combination of Keepass and Dropbox. Keepass is a secure database, Dropbox lets me auto-sync it between phone and computer. Since I started using Lastpass, I only have to remember one master password, and I can now use a different password on every website. You can even use two-factor authentication tokens with Lastpass.

There is an Android Lastpass client that you get if you buy the premium service, but you don't have to use it. You can still use the service without buying the mobile client. I use the basic service.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    lastpass.com is absolutely fantastic for securing passwords for websites, etc. For everything else, I use a combination of Keepass and Dropbox. Keepass is a secure database, Dropbox lets me auto-sync it between phone and computer. Since I started using Lastpass, I only have to remember one master password, and I can now use a different password on every website. You can even use two-factor authentication tokens with Lastpass.

There is an Android Lastpass client that you get if you buy the premium service, but you don't have to use it. You can still use the service without buying the mobile client. I use the basic service.

WOW! I just got back from watching some of the explanatory videos on lastpass site and it looks amazing. That is a "send a fruit basket" as a thank you kind of tip! I feel like I just got upgraded in my tech knowledge by about a decade. :rockwoot::yesway:

Top Bottom