• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Every beer they makes tastes like it has something besides water in it...I guess that's why they keep those Clydesdales around...to make more beer....blech.

Not even a US company anymore...so it's probably foreign horse juice.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Every beverage I have been a fan of has at some point changed to pull more profit. Every one. It may come on slowly but there is a point that the taste is just not there anymore.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Big deal. Not like it's real beer. Bud's made from rice, not barley or real grains. That's why it doesn't taste like anything. Hell, I don't know how Bud drinkers would know it was watered down.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    This is why I've started gathering the supplies to brew my own. There are still lots of good beers out there, but I find myself moving more and more towards the micro brewery stuff.

Lonestar6

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Triton is s great local Indy brew; People's near Lafayette; way up north you have Three Floyd's. It is Great go be s Hoosier!

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    The horse urine gives it a fuller body and some flavor. The up to 30% rice makes it disgusting.

Beer sucks. Bourbon is king. It's all about the corn and I prefer mine over 100 proof.

I really only drink beer if I'm planning on drinking all night (usually only in the summer). I mostly drink gin but tequila is a good friend of mine. I can do bourbons, scotch, and whiskey but it isn't my favorite. Hypothetically speaking, I've came across some mason jars of a buddy's family recipe (possibly brought up from Kentucky, if it actually existed). Their proper moonshine was very nice and they had a bourbon recipe that was outstanding...that is, if they existed.

But homemade beer tastes so much better than store bought. Some I've made tasted better than some microbrews I've had. Much cheaper too.

P-Shooter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The Plot to Destroy America's Beer - Businessweek

While I am not a fan of Budweiser or Miller's "top shelf" brands, I do have a fundamental issue with InBev trying to sell previously imported beer that's now brewed in the states for the same price. They are increasing profit, by cutting a lot of corners and fooling the consumer. Now they're trying to buy the Modelo group as well, which will probably mean more of the same. Corona and Modelo sold at premium prices, while being brewed in St. Louis. I love our local micro brews, Triton, Flat 12, and especially Sun King. But I'm on a strict budget, so they are now an occasional indulgence. I turn to the big breweries products often out of cost. It may be their brand, and they can do what they want with it, but they are losing market share, which means people are noticing. Now they're suing. Will be interesting to see where this goes.

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    Haven't drank a AB, Miller's, Coors, etc. for many months (except at ballpark). Since I discovered micro brews a few years ago I just can't enjoy a Bud Light like I once did.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    noah.richey
    Top Bottom