• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    You guys raise a good point on the Hare, Shane and low T ones. Maybe they could change them up a bit. What drives me nuts is hearing the same commercials on every single break. It gets old....especially when the voice is annoying.

As for the 1500, I find the poor imitation of Don Knotts talking to a rabbit to be funny, though I don't hear those near as much (it seems)

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I have hundreds of albums on my phone, and the sound system in my car has a USB input, haven't listened to radio in years, I don't know if any radio channels are even programmed.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    On the short trips I don't mess with putting on a podcast and the radio is playing, any diamond / jewelry commercial is an automatic 'next station'. Why yes I did get my girlfriend a robot vacuum instead of jewelry, **** you Tom Shane, I'm practical and frugal and diamonds are a scam.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The ones I hate are the PSA's on TV that show all the disgusting things that have happened to people that smoke. I know they are meant to get people to quit and I should be more charitable, but I have never smoked and don't really care to look at disturbing images when I was just intending to sit down and relax.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    That is why I listen exclusively to NPR. No commercials, I get to feel high and mighty, and like to let the culture of "how to control other people" pour over me.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    There will never be a commercial made that can be as irritating as the Furniture Warehouse. The guy has a high pitched, sqeaky voice, speed talking and SCREAMING.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    The funny thing about the Sisters of Savings... There are identical radio spots in the Chicago-land area for dealerships up there, too!

They BUY those ads, pre-written, from an agency and then record them for use. Other dealerships do the exact same things.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    You guys raise a good point on the Hare, Shane and low T ones. Maybe they could change them up a bit. What drives me nuts is hearing the same commercials on every single break. It gets old....especially when the voice is annoying.

As for the 1500, I find the poor imitation of Don Knotts talking to a rabbit to be funny, though I don't hear those near as much (it seems)

The Hare commercials at least, are based on a national script. I've heard the same commercial verbatim on trips to Oklahoma in St Louis, Tulsa and Oklahoma City so undoubtedly Chevy corporate money is paying for it.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Another commercial that bugs the crap out of me is the 1-877-CarsForKids.....That jingle is like nails on a chalkboard to me....

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    The funny thing about the Sisters of Savings... There are identical radio spots in the Chicago-land area for dealerships up there, too!

They BUY those ads, pre-written, from an agency and then record them for use. Other dealerships do the exact same things.

I was in a different city and saw the lawyer commercial for "Keller and Keller", but it was a different law firm. Exact same old actors, but they said a different firm

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    And these are the reasons that I hate commercial radio AND TV. Same ads on all stations, commercials are getting to be 50% or more of the air time. The news programs drive me nuts too, as they tell you 3 times what they are going to tell you later, with commercials in between each time. What a waste of my time and attention.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Give me house flipping over the "sisters of savings" ANY day!:n00b:

Of course since I installed satellite radio in my car it's been commercial free bliss!

SiriusXM has saved my life. Have it at our shop and cars.

THESE for sure. I even went one better. My XM receiver has a 30 min memory. If I'm listening to achannel that does have commercials, I just pause it for a few minutes then fast forward to the program.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Evidently the Sisters of Savings ads irritate alot of people. They have a multi-part series of Mean Tweets on Youtube.

Perhaps rather than showing the audiences how much people hate them for clicks... they take the criticism to heart and realize the ads are turning people off.

I don't buy from people that irritate me.

Top Bottom