• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PMR

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 28, 2013
    NWI, Cedar Lake
    Hello all, I didn’t want to hi-jack redwing’s thread so I started this one.

I had two hours with Coach on 8/5/14 one on one. I’m newer to firearms and I have taken several group classes this past year that were pretty basic classes. This was the next stepping stone for me and it was a great two hours on the range.

Coach has the ability to explain the mechanics of shooting so that anyone can understand it. He is able to watch you shoot and diagnose what you are doing wrong and quickly correct it.

There were so many things we went over, he would show/explain the drill then have me step up and do the drill and correct any issues. After running a drill we would walk up to the targets and talk about my hits, what was good and poor about them.

We were at MCFG also, my first time at an outdoor range where I could work on my draw stroke, fire at multiple targets and do double and triple taps.

Lessons learned (format borrowed from redwing)

1. VERY IMPORTANT, finger position and trigger pull
    2. Draw stroke
    3. keeping the gun at chest level when working reloads/malfunctions
    4. I can’t give away too much, GO SEE COACH!!!

Now if you read this far let me add, I had read many good things about Coach here but I still was a little hesitant, only because it was a 2 hour 15 minute drive for me one way; I am very happy I made the commitment to myself and went, and I will definitely be seeing Coach again in the near future.

And finally like most of us I am on a budget and a lot of the training out there although I need it, it is simply out of my price range. Coach is affordable especially for the lessons learned and time spent with him, if you can afford a firearm you can afford Coach.

Aron, again thank you for your time and the boost to my confidence.

Same as redwing this is not a solicited review.

Stay safe, Pat

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    I had a one on one with coach 2 yrs ago. Everything I know about firearms I learned from him and INGO. (9mm sucks. .45 is the only way to go, but, no one can afford the ammo... Walmart sucks because they horde their ammo...Am I being detained? Don't roll down the window..roll down the window..don't run over the constable's foot and clean up yer brass, OC, CC, DC (don't carry)...safeties are bad..always keep one in the chamber, but you'll shoot yer foot off especially with a Glock...1911's are pretty and the way to go except, not really. Cz's are the best for the price if you can find one (I did)...small guns hurt, but they'ie're better than no guns. Guns are the answer to all life's problems except for Ebola and bunnies are fun, but good eatin' too. FZZ has a $5 machete from Harbor Freight which he thinks is interesting.... PrintCraft is an alien. Jamil is a Libertarian. Everyone else (3) are libtards, rinos, statists, sheeple, morons. Have I left anything out.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I had a one on one with coach 2 yrs ago. Everything I know about firearms I learned from him and INGO. (9mm sucks. .45 is the only way to go, but, no one can afford the ammo... Walmart sucks because they horde their ammo...Am I being detained? Don't roll down the window..roll down the window..don't run over the constable's foot and clean up yer brass, OC, CC, DC (don't carry)...safeties are bad..always keep one in the chamber, but you'll shoot yer foot off especially with a Glock...1911's are pretty and the way to go except, not really. Cz's are the best for the price if you can find one (I did)...small guns hurt, but they'ie're better than no guns. Guns are the answer to all life's problems except for Ebola and bunnies are fun, but good eatin' too. FZZ has a $5 machete from Harbor Freight which he thinks is interesting.... PrintCraft is an alien. Jamil is a Libertarian. Everyone else (3) are libtards, rinos, statists, sheeple, morons. Have I left anything out.

What purpose does this serve in this topic?

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    OK. I had a one on one with coach 2 yrs ago. Everything useful I learned about guns I learned from Coach. The rest is a blur.......except Rhino needs me to have a purpose. Hows that?

Sporky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2012
    Fort Wayne IN
    Just took a couple hours from Coach, and I am a 10 times better shooter because of it.
    I have a feeling he is going to get some more of my money in the future... well worth it for sure, and he is a good guy as well.
    ( he did smell kinda funny, but besides that....it was all good )
    :p

Top Bottom