• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • randy68

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Overslept today but still managed to make it to the woods around 7:30. Squirrels were already active and I spotted two right away. Worked my way toward them and managed to get one of them but the other one decided to hide. I waited for 15-20 minutes then picked up my squirrel and headed on. I only saw one more till 10:00 when I happened upon a small grove of hickorys full of squirrels. I managed to get three of them before the rest hightailed it out of there. I took an offhand shot at one on the way out that was on the ground but missed. Still, four was a good day.
    Today I took my Ruger American .22lr. First time in years I used a .22 lr as I usually take airguns.

Slonsteady

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2016
    Plainfield
    Nice hunting. I have been skunked here in central Indiana. To hot. I lost a mag out of my RAR last week. Maddening how easy it is to touch that long mag release. I will use a big rubber band to retain it from now on.
    Good luck.

randy68

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Nice hunting. I have been skunked here in central Indiana. To hot. I lost a mag out of my RAR last week. Maddening how easy it is to touch that long mag release. I will use a big rubber band to retain it from now on.
    Good luck.
    I had my mag come loose but caught it in time. Not sure I like the long release lever. I neverr had a problem with my stock 10/22

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    I had my mag come loose but caught it in time. Not sure I like the long release lever. I neverr had a problem with my stock 10/22

Buddy has lost two mags in the woods with the extended mag release....I have NEVER installed one for just the reason.

Looking to go out the Sunday of Labor Day weekend with baby girl to the woods she learned to hunt in.... looking forward to spending some time in the woods with her.

Love how excited she gets when she sees the leaves russell and a tree rat go bouncing through the tree tops. It's more fun than the hunt itself.

TAKE A KID HUNTING!!!!

Top Bottom