• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • O'Shark

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Ladoga, IN
    We went out to take in some fall color this afternoon and we happened upon a bald eagle feeding on a deer carcass. We surprised it as much as it surprised us but I did manage to get a couple of poor pictures of it as it flew away and after it landed in a tree about 400 yards away. Both its head and tail are visible as it sat in the tree. If you look closely at the bottom picture, you can see its tail and the black outstretched wings.

Last edited:

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    View attachment 22770 I saw three just last Friday. One was a female, and two were males. They were sitting in the middle of a bean field. First I have seen around here. Will try and post pics later, but very fuzzy. I even went and picked up my Dad, and took him by there and they were still sitting there. They were drawing a crowd though. There were three cars stopped by the road when I got back with Dad.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I saw one not too far from my house a week or so ago. I was driving home from work and had just crossed the White River and one flew right over my truck. Very cool.

OWGEM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Columbus, IN
    Female eagles are larger than the males. Difficult to sex when alone but easy when male and female are together.

I was lucky Saturday and came across a young eagle perched right next to the road at Muscatatuck NWR near Seymour.

attachment.php

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Very cool.
    I saw a bald eagle once. I could tell it was bald because he had all his feathers combed over the top of his head. :joke:

mjpell

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Mooresville
    We saw 2 circling a few hundred yards away. Beautiful to watch them glide on the currents.
    East of Mooreville, just over the White River at Waverly IN.

There's supposedly 2 or 3 pairs in the area, as multiple are sometimes seen together. Pretty cool!

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I see Bald Eagles more often than not when I'm out birding, but I still stop to look at them. I like the incidental sightings too, when I'm not expecting one.

408102_553933201296230_558056559_n.jpg

1234757_616972461658970_1466539909_n.jpg

1385628_629206130435603_2055776476_n.jpg

Last edited:

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I see Bald Eagles more often than not when I'm out birding, but I still stop to look at them. I like the incidental sightings too, when I'm not expecting one.
    This summer on a fairly small lake I like to fish with the kayak, under 100 acres, with not too many cabins or homes on it everyone who was out on the docks fishing, training dogs or doing maintenance stopped to watch an Eagle soar over. He was following me from earlier in the morning. I usually start by fishing near one of his favorite trees and he will come down to grab fish floating nearby, then soar around keeping an eye on me while he looks for Cranes, Loons or whatever to snack on. FYI none of the local birds like the Eagles so when one flies over it is a great way to locate other birds because they all start calling. For me it usually means look up from fishing to see an Eagle coming in for a kill. Up here we all see, or at least hear Eagles almost daily and yet most people will stop to watch every time. I think it is cool.

Yesterday I saw the largest Eagle in America. He was sitting in a tree below my eye level as I was driving and I think he had his eye on a dead Porcupine. Imagine life with Pterodactyls flying around.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    There are several nesting pairs by IPLs facility in Mooresville. From the roof of the generator floor on the backside of the building you have a awesome view of the White River...and there are eagles soaring over the river early in the morning. No wonder they named it Eagle Valley.

Top Bottom