• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Where are the Catholics on this? They are a big percentage of troops.

I am not calling out Catholics. I am asking have they made any statement.
    Off the top of my head I believe there are some diocese and parishes that have severed their ties with the Boy Scouts. Unless a bishop does something involving the entire diocese, then I suppose it would be at a parish by parish basis.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Well, I finally checked the BSA website.
    The boys and girls will be in separate troops; boys in boy only troops and girls in girl only troops.
    Thus, girls will be able to get the scouting experience without either program (boy or girl) being adversely affected by the presence of the other gender.
    Seems like a good idea to me.

nailknocker

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    I need to get some of Henry,s scout marked rifles, they will be worth a fortune someday or maybe they will just paint them pink, I dunno.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    The boys and girls will be in separate troops; boys in boy only troops and girls in girl only troops.
    Thus, girls will be able to get the scouting experience without either program (boy or girl) being adversely affected by the presence of the other gender.

What comes to mind are those adolescent camp movies where the boys and girls sneak out at night to meet up and end up getting poison ivy......

Sure, different rooms, that will work.......sure.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What comes to mind are those adolescent camp movies where the boys and girls sneak out at night to meet up and end up getting poison ivy......

Sure, different rooms, that will work.......sure.
    We’ve taken groups of coed kids ages 10 through 15 on weekend camping trips with no issues. You just need adult women leaders for the girls, and adult men to lead the boys. You just don’t let teens run the show.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    We’ve taken groups of coed kids ages 10 through 15 on weekend camping trips with no issues. You just need adult women leaders for the girls, and adult men to lead the boys. You just don’t let teens run the show.
    But I identify as a lesbian woman....

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

Ya but you didn't mention getting which adult leader you need for the gay scouts...... or the tranny scouts...... or the undetermined/unidentified scouts. That's got to be like - racist or something. :dunno:

Shouldn't I be offended? I'll be in my safe place......... with my guns.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well. Postmodern social norms complicate things for sure. You let the tranny sleep with the other sex and some form of sexual intercourse may take place, either way. Probably isn’t gonna work out well if you group them biologically either. It’s probably unrealistic to have 100% acceptance of divergent behavior. So you can’t treat them completely the way they want. They’re not the only people in the club. In fact, they’re the exception. It’s not fair to everyone else. So maybe you have a third group for nonconforming.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Well, I finally checked the BSA website.

So that means we need double the camps, and twice as many leaders.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Well. Postmodern social norms complicate things for sure. You let the tranny sleep with the other sex and some form of sexual intercourse may take place, either way. Probably isn’t gonna work out well if you group them biologically either. It’s probably unrealistic to have 100% acceptance of divergent behavior. So you can’t treat them completely the way they want. They’re not the only people in the club. In fact, they’re the exception. It’s not fair to everyone else. So maybe you have a third group for nonconforming.

That is really NOT politically correct and may be frowned upon (calling them the "exception"). In addition, having a "third" group can be interpreted as being stereotyping and isolating; sort of like segregation. Besides, it is not about fairness at all (who determines what is fair?).

This IS a problem, a growing problem that is not going away any time soon; actually going to get worse.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That is really NOT politically correct and may be frowned upon (calling them the "exception"). In addition, having a "third" group can be interpreted as being stereotyping and isolating; sort of like segregation. Besides, it is not about fairness at all (who determines what is fair?).

This IS a problem, a growing problem that is not going away any time soon; actually going to get worse.

Political correctness doesn’t care about reality, and reality is what it is no matter what is politically correct. I’m just trying to think practically about what satisfies everyone the most in relation to reality. I think it’s past time to challenge political correctness in a very vocal and direct way. It’s not really helping anyone.

I’d say it’s probably a better outcome if transgenders can make their own place in society rather than making the rest of society accomodate them. Of course that doesn’t mean that people don’t have a moral obligation to treat others with dignity.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    I’d say it’s probably a better outcome if transgenders can make their own place in society rather than making the rest of society accomodate them. Of course that doesn’t mean that people don’t have a moral obligation to treat others with dignity.

Replace "transgenders" with any group /name you want.

I agree with you.....it's time to put a stop to all PC.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Well, we'll need women for leaders of the girl troops, but both can use the same facilities if they go at separate times.

In the Crossroads of America Council, our summer camps for Cubs and Scouts are usually booked full one year in advance. It's not uncommon for the camps to turn away camping requests. CAC scouters are lucky because we have Ransburg, Red Wing, Bear Creek, Kreitenstein, Kithaweund, and Wildwood. Most councils in existence are lucky to have one or two camps. For many troops the council summer camps are the ONLY long term camping opportunity they get.

I don't think we'll be having that many all girl troops. We'll just wait and see. My chartering organization will not be chartering any new scouting units.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

Yep, and the mandate was from before the BSA started allowing girls. It's not a BSA rule, it's a rule of the World Scouting Committee. Which is made up of more than just the BSA.
    The condom mandate was actually made in 2016, following the 2015 World Jamboree in Japan.

Regardless of their official reason, it's not because of the girls that will be there. :rolleyes:

And regardless of the hype, it has nothing to do with the BSA allowing girl troops.

Top Bottom