• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    HA, rack up another "win" for citizen justice in the City of Chicago. An old woman, who had been terrorized by a couple of troubled and misguided 'youts' in the neighborhood had simply had enough when the boy, who had previously set ablaze a home across the street and previously set her BBQ grill on fire and previously thrown bricks and rocks through windows, at people, at cars, etc . . . well you get the picture. So the old woman, terrified for her life, I'm sure, pulls out a gun and pops the future honor's student and class valedictorian in the arm with a bullet.

Full story at link => Elderly Woman Shoots 12 Year Old Boy
    Elderly Woman Shoots 12-Year-Old Boy In South Shore - cbs2chicago.com

I strongly suspect that this incident occurred with an "ILLEGAL" handgun. The task of obtaining a gun legally in the city of Chicago is long, expensive and onerous. It involves taking training classes (which are not allowed in the city) it involves shooting proficiency tests (also not allowed in the city) as well as fees for the above, in addition to fees for the license application, etc.

One has to wonder if this woman will be prosecuted for the illegal weapon? Notice the headline for the CBS story, something tells me they are trying to prosecute the woman in the court of public opinion.

rjstamp

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    The Chicago progressives made sure they got rid of all the legal handguns and the Ten Commandments in school rooms too...now they are reaping the fuits of their ignorance

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    But the boy's own family has a completely different story.
    Of course they do.

"He and his friend were walking down the street, and they saw a window broken at a woman's house, and as they passed by, they said she came out shooting," said the boy's grandmother, Donna Virges.
    "In spite of all evidence to the contrary from all of the neighbors around here, my little snowflake is a perfect little angel and would never do any of these things!" :rolleyes:

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    Good for her. I'm glad that she hasn't been charged with anything but self defense. What I want to know is if they gave her her gun back, retaliaion is almost certain from little junior mafia punks like that. What kind of parents let there kids run around and do stupid sh*t like this and then, of course, say that he/she wasn't doing ANYTHING wrong. People make me sick.

BtownBlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    Bloomington
    Good for her. I'm glad that she hasn't been charged with anything but self defense. What I want to know is if they gave her her gun back, retaliaion is almost certain from little junior mafia punks like that. What kind of parents let there kids run around and do stupid sh*t like this and then, of course, say that he/she wasn't doing ANYTHING wrong. People make me sick.

Chicago needs a loan-a-gun program. Cop confiscates your weapon after a self-defense shooting, someone shows up with a loaner gun. That'd drive'em nuts.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    What's the world coming too when a fine young man and his study buddies aren't safe walking the street without elderly, illegal gun owners running out to shoot at them.

The Hale Demar Act in Illinois may protect her from prosecution.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    If the gun was an 'illegal' gun in the eyes of the city then there is no way that woman is getting the gun back.

In fact it would not surprise me, if at some point in the future, after all the media attention dies down, she is charged with illegal possession. :(

Ohhh that would be an interesting things to see/read/heard about later on. Never though of that one. Makes me wonder if the other "self defense" shootings that occured earlier this year have gone this route?

hi-pointfan1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Gary, IN
    Yeah, sorry to be the odd ball on this one, but Im not entirely sure how I feel about this one... I mean, is the boy really just 12 years old?

Shooting him was a little Extreme dont you think?

At the very most, lets say this kid was really being an ass. I would have came out pissed off and took a belt to his ass like most of our dads did us. lol and I wouldnt have stopped till I saw the lashings on his skin swell... little bastard.

Chicago might have some BS laws... but the police officers are pretty cool from my experiences with em. They probably would have hi 5'ed me if for setting that boy straight and Im not kidding. They really are big-city cops so they dont flinch at the small stuff ya know.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Yeah, sorry to be the odd ball on this one, but Im not entirely sure how I feel about this one... I mean, is the boy really just 12 years old?

Yup. He is the leader of some sort of neighborhood gang. And he is 12.

I've been reading several stories from various sources about this kid and this incident. It appears the kid is a real terror. Has set fire to buildings. Has broken windows all around the neighborhood.

The elderly lady did not shoot at the kid until AFTER she was actually hit with a brick based on one of the stories in the news.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO

Shooting him was a little Extreme dont you think?

At the very most, lets say this kid was really being an ass. I would have came out pissed off and took a belt to his ass like most of our dads did us. lol and I wouldnt have stopped till I saw the lashings on his skin swell... little bastard.

Chicago might have some BS laws... but the police officers are pretty cool from my experiences with em. They probably would have hi 5'ed me if for setting that boy straight and Im not kidding. They really are big-city cops so they dont flinch at the small stuff ya know.
    I doubt the officers would give him a whippin. She's probably not strong enough to do it herself.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    As a former high school teacher, in both Fort Wayne and Indianapolis Public Schools, I can tell you from experience that those who go around terrorizing other people are the biggest crier's and liars when it finally happens to them (ie, when someone has had enough of them, stands up to them, and they their turn as a 'loser'!) They can always dish it out when they are in a group, but when they get their own ass kicked, all you can hear is, "Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!"
    (Wow, when I pause for a minute, I can still hear 'em...and that was 15 years ago!)

Top Bottom