• ...and so much more!
  • kwatters

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Nz7ZwcJdfHdAswTciYGBxNnMh1-uszCT-YNaalULNhQ
    After much debating and research I took the plunge on a new Glock. I joined GSSF a while back and Monday took advantage of my yearly Glock. I went to my new favorite store, 21st Century Firearms and picked up a Leo flavored Gen 4 G17. This evening I performed the recommended first cleaning and few drops of lube to ready it for the weekend. I can't wait to see how the Gen 4 will perform. Hopefully I will have an update this weekend.

Picasa Web Albums - kevin

:rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

Smitty506th

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Sounds like you are a proud new owner. I would love to hear how it feels, i was looking at those and wondering if it would be better to have on gloves. Waiting to hear how it goes.

kwatters

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Sounds like you are a proud new owner. I would love to hear how it feels, i was looking at those and wondering if it would be better to have on gloves. Waiting to hear how it goes.

I too worried about that, and had the opportunity to purchase a Gen 3 with NS for merely $50 extra but the smaller backstrap was the key for me. The larger handle of the older Generations just didn't fit me.

kwatters

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    It was such a beautiful day today I couldn't wait for the weekend. Sent a couple magazines full of WWB downrange to see how she would go.
    I didn't really know what to expect as I haven't shot a Glock in a very long time. My only comparison is my Baby Eagle which is full steel framed and heavy.
    The recoil wasn't as light as I expected, I shot both guns just to compare and the Glock kicked more but wasn't unpleasant by any means. Groups were comparable which says a lot for the Glock considering I am used to the Eagle.
    I am loving the Gen4 grip, I feel like I can hold on to this gun no matter what the conditions might be.
    No FTF or FTE on my first trip out so I am very pleased.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I'm about to send in my GSSF application. Does this work for non LEO's? Do all reputable Indiana shops allow the discount or have some proven to be difficult?

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    As with cell phones ...what did we do before Glocks?? how did we get along with those horrible 1911's and S&W's, or perish the thought.... a revolver?? oh my goodness!!! just kidding I'll take one of each!!

Top Bottom