• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    I kinda wish one of those would turn up around here so I could get something on the cheap! But then again they tend to turn up in places that aren't so cooperative with our 2A rights so now I'm conflicted...

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Let's shed a tear for the 270 guns destined for the scrap pile still, however. A lot of desirable and antique firearms have been put through these buy backs and into the melting pot unfortunately.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I kinda wish one of those would turn up around here so I could get something on the cheap! But then again they tend to turn up in places that aren't so cooperative with our 2A rights so now I'm conflicted...
    If I can recall, there have been some in NWI and Indy (I think) that have had the police threaten to arrest people doing that.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    I experienced first hand how the IMPD deals with law abiding citizens purchasing guns at a buy back. It wasn't pleasant and ended up with me in handcuffs on the hot asphalt for an hour. :twocents:

Saying that, I'm always up for a repeat if they have another buyback. :patriot:

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I experienced first hand how the IMPD deals with law abiding citizens purchasing guns at a buy back. It wasn't pleasant and ended up with me in handcuffs on the hot asphalt for an hour. :twocents:

Saying that, I'm always up for a repeat if they have another buyback. :patriot:
    Excuse my ignorance but was a law broken by purchasing a gun that someone was selling?

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Excuse my ignorance but was a law broken by purchasing a gun that someone was selling?

No. Contrary to what the officers desired, it is perfectly legal to buy a gun off of a private person. They were frantically trying to figure out some kind of violation to hit me with. The police ended up threatening to cite me for vagrancy if I didn't leave the area. :runaway:

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    He committed contempt of cop.

Pretty much. They almost went full jackboot.

cartman.jpg

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Read that series of posts, scary and unfortunate. Gun buybacks are simply political theater put on by leadership for big media. I wonder how much of the new "police" money has already been earmarked for them.

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    I understand that the OP was referring to a gun buy-back in Cleveland, OH, but didn't Indiana recently pass a law prohibiting government sponsored gun buy-buybacks? That would explain why we don't see them around here any more. I guess private groups could still hold them with their own $ but they probably figure they could get more for their money buying advertising supporting their position or paying demonstrators to attend rallys.

Top Bottom