Another gun store robbed. Time for a law change.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    I know we should not blame the victim but gun store owners make these robberies too easy. We need to pass a law that requires if you want to sell guns keep them ALL locked in a safe at night. This keeping them in glass cases or with a wire cable is just not being responsible for the times we live in. I know it takes time I know it cost money. Too bad. You want to sell guns keep them all in a safe when the store is closed. We should all be responsible gun owners and do what we can to keep them away from the wrong people.

What do you all think.

Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    ^^^ indy trading post I belive this time

Most of the time these stores have cages on the doors and everything is locked up. Driving a stolen vehicle into a store is not going to stop someone from getting into a safe/taking it, or stealing something else in the store.
    Many people believe safes are impenetrable which is false and most can easily be broken into. People steal atms that are anchored downn what make you think they won't take a safe?
    It's a culture problem and people who are caught doing this and people who get caught with firearms needs a stricter punishment.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    So your proposal is to blame the victim of the crime? Do you blame women for being raped because their skirt was too short too? No. Because the only way to effectively police this law is to have random inspections, so your 4th Amendment rights just went out the window because of thieves.

If you want to change the law then increase the penalties for those who steal firearms, traffic in stolen property, are involved in gangs, and no more catch and release of dangerous individuals because be don't have room in our prisons (this also requires prison reform).

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    I know nothing is perfect and that safes and ATMs are taken all the time. Trust me I know! It just seems if we could make it harder and longer to get the guns them it would cut down on the robberies. Most of these are not that well planned and they count on getting in and out quickly before the alarm brings the cops.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    I don't think this is an unreasonable request and it goes a long way to show we want to be responsible. We all love our guns. I'm just asking you to look at it from the other side that wants to take guns from all of us.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Authorities said the two got into the business by running a stolen vehicle through the side of the buildingAuthorities said the two got into the business by running a stolen vehicle through the side of the building.

The problem is obvious...cars are not sufficiently secured by their owners. If they were kept in locked enclosures and monitored by anti theft systems, they could not be stolen and then rammed into gun stores. There's a law we need.

;)

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I just talked to the owner of Indy Trading Post. He's going to try to be open regular hours tomorrow. If you intend to go, maybe check here or call to make sure though.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I don't think this is an unreasonable request and it goes a long way to show we want to be responsible. We all love our guns. I'm just asking you to look at it from the other side that wants to take guns from all of us.

Law-abiding gun owners and FFL dealers already are responsible. We jump through every silly hoop .gov puts in our way, no matter how ineffective we know the laws to be.

You're suggesting we add another hurdle that puts the burden of compliance on the law-abiding? And the gun control crowd hasn't even demanded it yet.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom