Another "Help me decide what to buy" thread...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • glock212327

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    Hendricks County
    I love kershaws I've had many in my time. But I got a good deal on a ZT 0301 and I'm hooked. Their is no comparison between ZT and kershaw knives. You get what you pay for ZT are a lot more in price and quality than kershaw. Yes I know they are the same company ZT is just kershaws top of the line knives. Personally I can't justify a 200 dollar pocket knife. If I wouldn't have got a great deal on a ZT I would still be carrying my kershaw tanto blur

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Well, chez is a bad influence. Went with the Blur. (Sorry, Brad...found a used one for a great deal, you're on the list next time though!)

10668112_10100833524297744_214838481_o_zps6701064e.jpg

Last edited:

prescut

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    United States
    I carry a SOG Twitch II and could not be happier. The assisted open is the best feature going for one handed operation. The blade is the best mix between holding an edge and impossible to sharpen. No knife can do both well. Least expensive, best knife going. let us know what you get and how it works out.

lost

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Carry and minor usage update:

I've been carrying the Blur for a few days now and I like how thin it is. I was a little nervous at first about how wide the overall knife is and how it would fit in my pocket but I've not really noticed a big difference. I also got my first chance to use it last night. I would have taken a picture of the carnage but it was dark and I didn't think about it until just now.

FYI - the Blur will cut through weathered twine like a hot knife through butta! :rockwoot:

Davecz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2014
    Dyer
    Big benchmade fan, just recently got a 150 knife that was an sale with a coupon firm cabelas for $80. Look for a deal and spend the extra cash you will appreciate it

RAMBOCAT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2011
    Once upon a time, I bought a ROLEX and kept it in the safe. It kept time for the safe, I guess. I got robbed. It got stolen. I carry a GLOCK 21 and an expensive, well made, pocket knife now. Lesson learned, buy the best you can afford, keep them well maintained, carry them every day and use them often.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Pardon the 'thread jack'. I'm in a similar situation to the OP, I just haven't lost my Gerber 'ez-out' yet. It's a great utility knife. For the price I think it's hard to beat, but as a last-ditch defense tool it's deathly slow. I thought about a Kershaw or CRKT with "assisted opening" but then the thought crossed my mind: how about a fixed blade? What are the pros&cons both practical and legal?

Top Bottom