• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DC47374

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Richmond, IN
    I just set up my wife's L-1 appointment. She's agreed that it would be safer if she carried. I'm glad that she's decided to do it and it's a load off of my mind. Our city is experiencing a rash of armed robberies and burglaries....not to mention we had 8-9 murders last year. I'm going to take her out later this week and let her pick out the gun that she feels most comfortable with.....then it's off to the range for lessons.:ar15:

slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Hope you have a good selection. Good luck man.

I may try and talk my wife about it. I want it to be her choice.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I've been gently nudging my own wife to get ther LTCH and some training before selecting an EDC. She's slowly but surely headed in the right direction here; I've been careful about pushing her too far. Each step has to be her decision, and with recent events being what they are, it's only a matter of time until we are both armed.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    What worked for my fiance was letting her know that she may have to protect me one day. After that got into her head the decision was easier. Her protection is still primary though it helped for her to think I may need her to be armed for my sake as well.

emsdial911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Lapel
    Talked to my daughter today about getting hers in case they decide to stop issuing them in the future. She said she has wanted one so I will be paying for it. I also have a daughter turning 18 this month will get hers as well.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    I know you're a good enough shot for 3 or 4...

What worked for my fiance was letting her know that she may have to protect me one day. After that got into her head the decision was easier. Her protection is still primary though it helped for her to think I may need her to be armed for my sake as well.

Charles, I KNOW that you are a good enough of shot to take out more than a few...You must be thinking about a DOZEN or so perps???HA HA...Bill..

DC47374

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Richmond, IN
    Thats awesome now if I could talk my wife into it
    Wasn't much talking her into....it was more about making her aware of potential issues. We aren't always together and I was just honest with her....the only one responsible for her safety and our children's at that time was her. She's grown accustomed to me carrying everywhere and sees it as no big deal. Let me just say that she doesn't come from a gun loving family....lol. They about crapped the first time I came by with my Springfield 1911 on my hip. :D

Top Bottom