Another new subforum idea- News Stories?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • evsnova74

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Near-east Indy
    I had this idea to have a subforum for news stories. Every time there's a gun related news story such as a shooting or heck, anything for that matter, it seems like members scramble to be the first to post it here only to find that it was posted in some other subforum than the one(s) they searched. And I've found that the search function doesn't work well when people use cryptic titles for their threads instead of just trying to be accurate.

So the beauty of this new subforum would be that all news stories go there, and if there's a dupe that beat you to it in another subforum, the one in the news stories subforum is the one that stays. Not to mention, if someone wants to see what INGO's opinion is on something they heard on the radio for instance, they know right where to go instead of trying to guess which subforum the first member to post about the story decided to post it. I've seen news stories posted in General Firearms, Carry Issues, 2a Legislation and even the Break Room. Idk, whadya think INGO? If the admins think it's a dumb idea and we already have too many subforums then totally disregard...

PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I concur. I posted a rant a couple of weeks ago about my attempt to search to see if a particular story had been posted. The one I duped, had a link to a different news outlet for the same story, but the OP used none of the descriptive words from the story, so no one could possibly do their due diligence and search for a dupe.

BTW, this should probably go in the site suggestions sub-forum.......

Top Bottom