• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RangerRider

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Fountain County
    I will try to be short with this. What if my wife bought a handgun from a friend of ours as a present to me ( dang I'm lucky) private sale and all ( We have known him for years) He won a handgun in a raffle, and was not something he wanted to keep, but was something I had mentioned to wife I liked. IF she bought it, I know a private sale is legal between the two, my problem is my buddy lives in Ill. But he does have a home an a business in Ind. So my question is, am I good to go with it as it is or does it need transfered thru ffl dealer?
    Just for fun lets say it's a ProTec Nebo strobe with a Taurus Judge hanging on to it.
    Thanks in advance.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    State lines=FFL

(a) It shall be unlawful--

(5) for any person (other than a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector) to transfer, sell, trade, give, transport, or deliver any firearm to any person (other than a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector) who the transferor knows or has reasonable cause to believe does not reside in (or if the person is a corporation or other business entity, does not maintain a place of business in) the State in which the transferor resides; except that this paragraph shall not apply to (A) the transfer, transportation, or delivery of a firearm made to carry out a bequest of a firearm to, or an acquisition by intestate succession of a firearm by, a person who is permitted to acquire or possess a firearm under the laws of the State of his residence, and (B) the loan or rental of a firearm to any person for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes;...

18 U.S.C.A. § 922

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    I will try to be short with this. What if my wife bought a handgun from a friend of ours as a present to me ( dang I'm lucky) private sale and all ( We have known him for years) He won a handgun in a raffle, and was not something he wanted to keep, but was something I had mentioned to wife I liked. IF she bought it, I know a private sale is legal between the two, my problem is my buddy lives in Ill. But he does have a home an a business in Ind. So my question is, am I good to go with it as it is or does it need transfered thru ffl dealer?
    Just for fun lets say it's a ProTec Nebo strobe with a Taurus Judge hanging on to it.
    Thanks in advance.

What did she get you?...hehehe

Top Bottom