• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • raptrbreth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    New Palestine
    Now in fairness, I thought someone said they accidentally clicked Hillary. So if my memory isn't faulty that would be only 3. Still astonishing on a gun forum to vote for a person who promised to get gun control done.
    I accidentally clicked that fraud with my fat fingers on an iPad. The others need publicly shamed.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Now in fairness, I thought someone said they accidentally clicked Hillary. So if my memory isn't faulty that would be only 3. Still astonishing on a gun forum to vote for a person who promised to get gun control done.

When I took Statistics in college, the professor told us about 5% of people would say the opposite of whatever they thought you wanted to hear regardless of the topic and their true feelings. So, there's that.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The candidates have be quite on the other two shootings, now, with this, I think they would be forced to address this.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Please be more careful when voting in November! Perhaps you can put your fat fingers on a SlimFast diet for the next four months.

I don't know how the voting machines are where y'all vote. Here, it's touch screen, and the boxes are pretty big.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    One officer killed from DART, three others from DART shot. There are others from different agencies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Multiple officers shot at ?Black Lives Matter? protest in Dallas | WPMT FOX43

Police sources tell KDFW one suspect is down while a second possible suspect is in a downtown Dallas garage and wearing a bulletproof vest and tactical gear. Bystanders have been told to shelter in place, according to KTVT.

“The shots were coming from the roof,” one protester told the station. Witnesses reported hearing more than a dozen gunshots that scattered the crowd. That protester said that officers and bystanders alike were in the line of fire.
    Police officers were searching for a man with a rifle, according to several reports.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Should be plenty of celebrating in this thread. Might lighten the mood.

The overwhelming majority of the posts (and I just read them all) have been "wait and see" vs. "yup, he's guilty."
    It looks bad, but maybe that's all there is too it. Just a look. And when more evidence finally surfaces, we'll know better. If the MN governor can keep from passing judgement, that is.

You're gonna have an aneurism if you don't lighten up. And no one will be celebrating that, just like no one is celebrating Dallas.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    You're gonna have an aneurism if you don't lighten up. And no one will be celebrating that, just like no one is celebrating Dallas.

Guarantee you you're wrong about that. There are members here celebrating this morning. Those members who have already labeled the officers in MN & LA as jumpy and racist, the member claiming all police officers want to kill all black men they stop, those making assumptions based on nothing more than their opinions toward police officers, etc.. They're having a great morning, just don't expect them to admit to it.

I have no intention of lightening up. The very same kind of bull**** spewed in this thread and the other is how we get to a point where five police officers are murdered by savages who have been "wronged". You either push the agenda or you have the ability to think critically. I'll continue to call em like I see em.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Guarantee you you're wrong about that. There are members here celebrating this morning. Those members who have already labeled the officers in MN & LA as jumpy and racist, the member claiming all police officers want to kill all black men they stop, those making assumptions based on nothing more than their opinions toward police officers, etc.. They're having a great morning, just don't expect them to admit to it.

I have no intention of lightening up. The very same kind of bull**** spewed in this thread and the other is how we get to a point where five police officers are murdered by savages who have been "wronged". You either push the agenda or you have the ability to think critically. I'll continue to call em like I see em.

In a strange way, you kinda get why I sometimes feel the way I do. It sucks to be repeatedly painted with such a broad brush.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I'm not following? Are you saying that this couple was doing something else wrong, other than having marijuana? And it's open for discussion as to whether or not, the weed could've been pinned on the deceased, as we do not know where it was located.
    Um, the woman, the girlfriend of the driver said "we had weed in the car". It wasn't planted. I'm saying we don't have any credible information about what happened. Jumpy officer akin to the South Park "it's coming right for us", or it could be a verbally combative driver who's hands shot up quickly from behind his back right after the officer said "don't move". We don't know the facts. This video is an after the fact account of the "victim". Pretty much asking someone why they're in jail and they say "I'm innocent".

trucker777

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    WESTVILLE
    This. This man was a law abiding citizen (unless some other crazy information comes out) and a concealed carry license holder. In other words, one of us.

It appears that he was gunned down by a jumpy cop while he was complying with the cop's instructions (which I'm sure we'll find were contradictory, as I've seen happen multiple times in various videos of interactions that have gone wrong, ie "Don't move... Keep your hands where I can see them... Give me your ID"). Given what's been going on, it's really hard not to associate what happened with the fact that the victim happened to be black.

I want to repeat that this guy this guy was one of us. If this could happen to him, then it could happen to any one of us.

Where's the NRA?

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Where's the NRA?

Good question. They absolutely should be involved in this. The Second Amendment Foundation issued a statement yesterday about this and so should the NRA (the events in Dallas notwithstanding, since they can both be sympathetic and supportive of the victims of the attack in Dallas and still be outrage over the shooting in Minnesota, they are not mutually exclusive).

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Where's the NRA?

Good question. They absolutely should be involved in this. The Second Amendment Foundation issued a statement yesterday about this and so should the NRA (the events in Dallas notwithstanding, since they can both be sympathetic and supportive of the victims of the attack in Dallas and still be outrage over the shooting in Minnesota, they are not mutually exclusive).

As I stated elsewhere, I don't see how this will help anything. All they'll do is fill in the "template" for responding calls for a statement on such matters...something like:

Our hearts break at the loss of innocent...blah, blah, blah. Our thoughts and prayers go to the blah, blah, blah. We stand for the rights of all legal gun...blah, blah, blah. Before we jump to conclusions, let's wait for the investigation...blah, blah, blah. The NRA supports law enforcement...blah, blah, blah. Rule of law...blah, blah, blah. Other sympathetic words. Other words supporting gun owners. Oh, and don't forget to donate money.

TangoSierraEcho

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2016
    Monroe County
    So many lives affected on both sides of this. regardless of who did what the one thing is painfully clear and that is that the distance between the police and those they are sworn to protect is so large it is almost to hard to see each others points anymore. Putting on a uniform is a choice that brave men and women make everyday. The job isn't easy, was never meant to be, but that job becomes almost untenable when citizens don't trust authority. Almost 15 years ago, our nation was attacked by terrorists and it was men and women in blue that came to the front line to defend and protect citizens and they paid with their lives for that. The feelings for police back then was a national feeling of pride, they are heroes, still are in my book but clearly somewhere along the way things went south. Something has to change, shooting at officers is never the answer, prosecuting officers isn't going to change the dynamic so what do we do to change the dialogue? How do we close the divide?

Top Bottom