• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Darkstar

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Jackson County
    As most of you know, it takes some time to save up enough money to buy a gun, especially when you have kids. After waiting for my check to come in I finally had enough money to put two guns in layaway at the pawnshop, a Marlin 336 and Remington 870 HD. Both were in good shape and both were priced way less than I've even seen here in the classifieds. Unfortunately, when I went in to put them in layaway I find out that they have both been sold! This has really put a damper on my day because I really liked both and have been excited all this week to go and get them. Oh well, Murphy's Law strikes again!

Darkstar

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Jackson County
    i feel ya , or i finally get enough saved up for that Mateba i am dying for and low and behold the car needs $1200 in repairs, and i know the feeling (2 munchkins of my own) ....... ugh , its only money and possessions right ?

Yeah, you're right. It's only money and possessions, I'm just disappointed because I really don't ever get or even ask for anything for myself. It is very rare for me to find something I want that I'm wiling to buy for myself. To me, giving my wife and children what they want is always more important and they are indeed never left wanting. I just wanted to vent about my misfortune at the pawnshop.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Understand completely. Been wanting a S&W15-22. Sold an MP9C I bought the wife and she didn't like. Then BAM, I hit some buckled pavement in Iowa and after the $1200 repair bill, no MP15-22.

Crap happens, you will find something else, if not next week, next month. I am a firm believer that if something is meant to happen, it will happen.

Darkstar

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Jackson County
    Understand completely. Been wanting a S&W15-22. Sold an MP9C I bought the wife and she didn't like. Then BAM, I hit some buckled pavement in Iowa and after the $1200 repair bill, no MP15-22.

Crap happens, you will find something else, if not next week, next month. I am a firm believer that if something is meant to happen, it will happen.

Oh, I know I'll find something else. That, and I know neither gun was particularly rare or sought after. They were just a good deal and I thought I was having a bit of good luck after a particularly long stretch of bad luck. Just a kick to the groin if you will, just thought I'd vent on the INGO site instead of making my wife hear about it all night. :)

SIGguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    I can relate to that. i have a wife and two kiddos and It takes months to save up to buy anything im wanting if i even get to at all. me and my wife try the allowance thing. Every paycheck she gets 25 to spend or to save up to buy something she wants and same for me. problem is i end up using mine on her or the kids or for bills

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 17, 2010
    Freedom , yes really Freedom
    yeh tried the allowance thing too, never worked out right , oh well i suppose

I can relate to that. i have a wife and two kiddos and It takes months to save up to buy anything im wanting if i even get to at all. me and my wife try the allowance thing. Every paycheck she gets 25 to spend or to save up to buy something she wants and same for me. problem is i end up using mine on her or the kids or for bills

elliotle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    i feel ya , or i finally get enough saved up for that Mateba i am dying for and low and behold the car needs $1200 in repairs, and i know the feeling (2 munchkins of my own) ....... ugh , its only money and possessions right ?

Maybe it's a blessing. Would suck for your car to break down after you spent all your money on a gun. Can't ride your gun to work.

Tink

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2012
    So. Bend
    I feel you. I finally saved up enough to purchase a Sig556. The place i was going to buy it from was out and i was outbid on the website i found it on. Hopefully I'll come across another one before something comes up and i have to dip into my "gun fund"

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

^^^^^^^^^^YUP^^^^^^^^^^^^

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    As most of you know, it takes some time to save up enough money to buy a gun, especially when you have kids. After waiting for my check to come in I finally had enough money to put two guns in layaway at the pawnshop, a Marlin 336 and Remington 870 HD. Both were in good shape and both were priced way less than I've even seen here in the classifieds. Unfortunately, when I went in to put them in layaway I find out that they have both been sold! This has really put a damper on my day because I really liked both and have been excited all this week to go and get them. Oh well, Murphy's Law strikes again!

Which pawn shop?? local west side indy??

Darkstar

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Jackson County
    Which pawn shop?? local west side indy??

No, it was the Columbus pawn shop. I just saw them while browsing earlier this week and thought that I would go in and put them in layaway, but I was short on cash at the time. No big deal, as mentioned earlier, this is my 50th post! :rockwoot:(and I didn't even complain once! :D)

But this post is starting to turn into a "share your experiences missing out on a gun you wanted" thread and it is awesome how everyone has been sharing their stories! I love hearing about the experiences that others have been through; it always makes me feel like I'm more part of the community and like I'm getting to know everyone better!

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    I know the feeling. I had money set aside for a m&p shield ......then the tv in my man cave went down.....and I had to buy some books to for some classes im going to take....oh well. I guess I will just work more and save again.

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    No, it was the Columbus pawn shop. I just saw them while browsing earlier this week and thought that I would go in and put them in layaway, but I was short on cash at the time. No big deal, as mentioned earlier, this is my 50th post! :rockwoot:(and I didn't even complain once! :D)

But this post is starting to turn into a "share your experiences missing out on a gun you wanted" thread and it is awesome how everyone has been sharing their stories! I love hearing about the experiences that others have been through; it always makes me feel like I'm more part of the community and like I'm getting to know everyone better!

I thought it might have been in Columbus. I was in there Saturday. I saw that Marlin 336 and almost bought it. It was nice! But I decided to get a Ruger 10/22 that had just come in. They get a lot of good used guns in there. You'll have another chance to pick something up before long.

trigger_happy57

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    indy
    i had my eye on a g27 with a holster and crimson trace laser and a bunch of black talon hollow points for $300 (a special price from a buddy needing money) and then the fridge went out :(

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have found that if you manage to save up any sum of money and make plans for it that our old friend Murphy will step in and spoil the day. If I get some money above and beyond the bills and family needs, It is gone. Momma gets and daddy sometimes gets. Heck, my youngest is 25 yrs. old but I have a butt load of grand baby's to spoil.
    I would like to find that M1 Garand I have been dreaming of.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I frequent a local shop on the west side. It is on the fringe of the hood but always interesting to watch the clientele. These guys get some nice high end pieces in from time to time and a few new in the box as well. They have a sweet Springfield 1911, stainless Trophy Match brand new for a really reasonable price. If I did not already have one (Bought from them this summer, new) I would have it in the lay away. Good prices on new shotguns as well.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    i had my eye on a g27 with a holster and crimson trace laser and a bunch of black talon hollow points for $300 (a special price from a buddy needing money) and then the fridge went out :(
    I guess that was a special price! You're talkin $500 for the gun and probably $150-200 for the CT and who knows how much for the ammo.

Does he still need the money?:D

Top Bottom