• ...and so much more!
  • Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    As you may be aware, the U.S. Senate is set to begin consideration on the U.N. Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.

Many believe that ratification of this treaty will have negative unintended consequences for families and, in particular, the rights of parents in the U.S. (that never happens, right :dunno:)

Rather than copy/paste a wall-o-text, some links follow:

One position describing the concerns and asking for action (call your Senators):

Vote on United Nations Disability Treaty Imminent: Calls Needed!

Another link from the same source, including videos of some of the prior debates:

http://www.hslda.org/LandingPages/crpd/index.html#abouttreaty

The convention, as published by the U.N.

Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities

Please take a moment to read and, if you are so inclined, call Coats and Lugar asking them to vote NO.

Last edited:

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Whoa!
    In the RUD (Best interest of the child understanding), it states:
    "In order for States to live up to their treaty obligations, they must necessarily make judgements about childrens best interests continuously. Should the governments assessment of the child's best interests differ from that of the parents, the government gets to make the decision, not the parents."
    Weird stuff man.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Thanks for posting this, Lex. It's been on my radar via the homeschooling connection for the past few weeks, but I figured I'd used up my proselytizing credits with the recent threads on education.

Let us also not forget the more generic UN Convention on the Rights of a Child. The US has signed it (many, many moons ago), but not ratified it as yet. It is no less dangerous to the sovereignty of parents than the CRPD.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I think it's safe to assume, if its coming out of the UN, by default, our initial reaction should be: crush it. I don't see any benefit to the US in participating in treaties of this sort.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    UN Treaties

I think it's safe to assume, if its coming out of the UN, by default, our initial reaction should be: crush it. I don't see any benefit to the US in participating in treaties of this sort.
    Or any sort for that matter. U.S. has nothing to gain and the citizens seem to have everything to lose.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Some of the usual suspects supporting the globalist treaty:

Bob Dole (R) - Former Presidential Candidate
    John Kerry (D) - Former Presidential Candidate
    John McCain (R) - Former Presidential Candidate
    Richard Lugar (R) - Long term CFR member and Indiana Senator

Bob Dole Can’t Sway Republicans to Back UN Disabilities Treaty
    Eight Senate Republicans broke ranks with their party and voted for the treaty: Kelly Ayotte of New Hampshire, John Barrasso of Wyoming, Scott Brown of Massachusetts, Susan Collins and Olympia Snowe of Maine, Richard Lugar of Indiana, McCain, and Lisa Murkowski of Alaska.

UN disability treaty rejected by Senate
    The ADA put the United States in the forefront of efforts to secure equal rights for the disabled, and it became the blueprint for the U.N. treaty, formally the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities. The treaty was negotiated by the George W. Bush administration. It was completed in 2006 and President Barack Obama signed it in 2009.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    One World Order....it is coming...the march towards it has been going on for decades....Obama was picked to be president for this reason. He not only will sign all the treaties that will force us to live under the united nations rule, he will also get the 38 states he needs to change the Constitution to have unlimited terms. There is over 6100 new regulations that will go in affect soon that will continued to destroy our county....all this while he has watched Americans die and did nothing but lie. The UN and Obama will watch chemical weapons be used in Syria and do nothing. Thank you to all who voted for Obama...he wants to be King of the world and I am sure many other rulers want it as well. This will be world war 3.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    One World Order....it is coming...the march towards it has been going on for decades....Obama was picked to be president for this reason. He not only will sign all the treaties that will force us to live under the united nations rule, he will also get the 38 states he needs to change the Constitution to have unlimited terms. There is over 6100 new regulations that will go in affect soon that will continued to destroy our county....all this while he has watched Americans die and did nothing but lie. The UN and Obama will watch chemical weapons be used in Syria and do nothing. Thank you to all who voted for Obama...he wants to be King of the world and I am sure many other rulers want it as well. This will be world war 3.

I am not agreeing or disagreeing with your post, either in part, or in whole.

One thing everyone should keep in mind, however...

Obama didn't sign this treaty.

Bush did.

Thank G_d ratification failed, and thanks to any and all who called, wrote, or E-mailed your Senators.

:yesway:

futurefrogman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 3, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    I believe Germany recently outlawed homeschooling on the grounds of it not being in the best interest of kids. They have also outlawed circumcision at birth. Apparently, it's OK for parents to kill a child before they're born, but once they are, they can't do anything to "harm" it...Liberal logic 101

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    I am not agreeing or disagreeing with your post, either in part, or in whole.

One thing everyone should keep in mind, however...

Obama didn't sign this treaty.

Bush did.

Thank G_d ratification failed, and thanks to any and all who called, wrote, or E-mailed your Senators.

:yesway:

I did not know that but guarantee it will come up again....this has gone on in all administrations...goggle united nations bike paths

futurefrogman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 3, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    Glad to see that someone else sees it coming too! Revelation talks all about it! :popcorn: Regrettably, there isn't going to be anyway to stop it, but at least we know who wins in the end :rockwoot:

Top Bottom