• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The latest to end their prohibition was Portrugal, I believe. They saw little to no increase in users. I don't know why it would be different here.

The price of drugs is massively inflated by the supply restriction and the expensive supply chain apparatus. There won't be a need to go to extremes to pay for what you can easily afford. We don't have a massive problem with alcoholics killing old people and stealing their brandy for a fix, because they can get what they need inexpensively through legitimate sources. I don't agree with it, and I think being drunk is a sin. But we tried to stop drinking once in this country too.

I sympathize with not wanting to buy drugs as a taxpayer. And I agree we shouldn't. But in a practical sense, it will still be cheaper than what we are doing now. We are not just providing drugs, but full health care to hundreds of thousands behind bars right now for drug offenses. I'm sure you don't like that any more than I do. I also don't like my tax dollars funding a war that props up murderous cartels. If that money must be spent, I'd rather it go to treatment than making a murderer rich.

Well said. And you make a good argument but this is not Portugal by a long shot. I would hope to be dead wrong in my thoughts on this but my lifes experience says otherwise.

Yes, we are loosing the war and as with all the wars we fight it is a money pit. Follow the money Always follow the money.

Those funds could be used in other places or just pay down the debt.

Ceruleanblue

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2017
    South
    The cemeteries and prisons should be filled up with people with drug offenses.Deal in death and risk execution. Drug offenses such as felony drug dealing should result in death penalty or if mitigating circumstances severe long term sentencing with hard labor, such as chain gangs, so much so that people will not risk dealing in drugs. Those manufacturing meth or other drugs should receive death penalty as they cause death, albeit a slow one. The borders should be sealed tight and the tens of billions of dollars giving out to foreign countries such as Isreal, Egypt etc should be spent here instead and used to hire enough port inspectors to and terminal inspectors to help keep out these poisons that destroy countless families. I have seen countless drug related deaths and heartbroken family members over the years. I have seen dealers caught and back on the street in little time. These measure may seem sharp but cut out the drugs and the related homicides, robberies, gang activity, burglaries will drop substantially.

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    We should execute speeders on the spot.

amiright?
    Speeding isnt a victimless crime.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    The cemeteries and prisons should be filled up with people with drug offenses.Deal in death and risk execution. Drug offenses such as felony drug dealing should result in death penalty or if mitigating circumstances severe long term sentencing with hard labor, such as chain gangs, so much so that people will not risk dealing in drugs. Those manufacturing meth or other drugs should receive death penalty as they cause death, albeit a slow one. The borders should be sealed tight and the tens of billions of dollars giving out to foreign countries such as Isreal, Egypt etc should be spent here instead and used to hire enough port inspectors to and terminal inspectors to help keep out these poisons that destroy countless families. I have seen countless drug related deaths and heartbroken family members over the years. I have seen dealers caught and back on the street in little time. These measure may seem sharp but cut out the drugs and the related homicides, robberies, gang activity, burglaries will drop substantially.

Well thats an extreme response. Welcome to INGO.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Also those that gyrate their hips and sing that rock n roll sound

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I noticed the part where the emergency room patient said, “Doc, write my Percocet or I’m buying it on the street and my death will be on your hands.”

I am tired of all the tantrums by these tedious little trifles; they are children in adult bodies. Either make them wards of the state, since they aren't adult enough to handle their own affairs, or let them kill themselves.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville

I completely disagree, but you present the only workable alternative to my position. This is how Thailand got rid of its meth problem, by making use a capitol offense. All the addicts (and it was a huge percentage of the country, since it was a common method of boosting productivity) either quit or were killed off.

I for one am not down with an American genocide, but YMMV.

We are nearing the divergence of two roads here in the yellow wood. The one we have been traveling eventually leads to your logical end. I propose we take the road less traveled by, I'm confident it will in time make all the difference. :yesway:

Last edited:

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Well said. And you make a good argument but this is not Portugal by a long shot. I would hope to be dead wrong in my thoughts on this but my lifes experience says otherwise.

Yes, we are loosing the war and as with all the wars we fight it is a money pit. Follow the money Always follow the money.

Those funds could be used in other places or just pay down the debt.

We could find a lot of good things to do with the money.

At the risk of injuring my own argument, the "we are not Portrugal" fact does give me pause.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I noticed the part where the emergency room patient said, “Doc, write my Percocet or I’m buying it on the street and my death will be on your hands.”

I am tired of all the tantrums by these tedious little trifles; they are children in adult bodies. Either make them wards of the state, since they aren't adult enough to handle their own affairs, or let them kill themselves.

If we opt for the latter they need to be away from anyone else they may harm from this idiocy.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We could find a lot of good things to do with the money.

At the risk of injuring my own argument, the "we are not Portrugal" fact does give me pause.

Our arguments/opinions tend to be modified as these discussion proceed. That is why we enter into these so a common ground path to get this fixed might be found.

I am pretty set in my ways towards alcohol and drug based stupidity due to the impact it has had on my life. I see it for what it is.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jstan
    Top Bottom