• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rock River

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indy/Morgan county
    I have to say this for the OP. He posted a thread (fairly new member with very few posts) and we all jumped in joking around about it and he took it well and joked along with us. I think he deserves a lot of credit. It looks like he should fit in fine around here.

+1^ Feedback for someone who is trying to perfect their craft is essential but most people get all butthurt when they actually receive honest criticism. Can’t wait to see the next attempt OP!

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Don’t know why the hate for grippy tape, I use it on all my G’s. Holsters are cheap comparatively, and I buy good ones. Grip tape helps me with positive grip when my mitts are wet, I can do racks off of my pants leg for one handed manipulations, I even use the granular Talon Grips on a couple of pistols?

Grippy tape isn't for pistols, it's to put on the nose of your stair step tread so your kid or those that still wear them doesn't don't do slide for life in the morning wearing jammies with feet on them without slippers on.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    After studying a lot of the aftermarket triggers and finding them to make the gun less safe (many cheat the internal safeties), I have no interest in aftermarket triggers though there are a few safe ones out there.

I did do sights and connectors on all my Glocks, but after seeing aftermarket connectors fail (or the gun fire doubles etc), I now only do sights.

I've never seen an aftermarket connector fail. I have seen two defective connectors and one factory Glock connector that was literally worn out. I've seen guns that doubled and a couple that went into high gear intermittently but the cause was always too much dremel.
    Some aftermarket triggers do defeat the firing pin safety but that's easily corrected and should be sorted out during the installation.

Concerning the grip tape, I like the Talon and the Traction grips and IMHO it's an improvement over the factory grip. Stippling can change the contour on the grip to better suit a particular hand shape but obviously more expensive and not reversible like the grip tape.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I am with 223 Gunner, many an ARMSLIST "Custom" advertisement looks like what you have, but again it is your Glock, circumcise the hell out of it, neuter it, whatever, and it will be some one else's happy stick or melt down, someday.

Anyway welcome to INGO.:ingo:

Go here for a quick fix:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/783947338

Thank me later Alligator (grip).:draw:

D.R.SCOTT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Indiana
    CIMG4030.JPG

Ill admit that I am a fan of lettering inlay, its my new fav thing to do. Mostly stick with a dull white or light grey though

shawn1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2018
    Minneapolis
    TRUE LOVE

:rolleyes::ingo:
    Finger grooves removed. Grip hump reduced. Trigger guard undercut. Trigger guard chin rounded. Agency Arms flat trigger. Lasermax guide rod laser. Meprolight Bullseye fiber/tritium sight. Olight PL Mini. Shield Arms mag extension.
    cd300195622dcf8068b1be715b647883.jpg
    ced6a251c74070e98cb71673862af18b.jpg

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    There's more plastic there than you think, and some spots are thicker than others. As you know, you don't want to crank your dremel full speed because the heat will melt instead of sand it. But it's therapeutic, isn't it, to make it fit YOUR hands.

I wanted to be a Glock guy. Had a 19 for a couple weeks. It shot fantastic. I just hated the way it fit in my hand. I really considered doing what you did, but chickened out. Sold it to another INGO member. I love Talon tape on my tiny Kahr pistols, but it would just make a Glock even worse for me, unless it was a 42 or 43. I think you did a great job. Whatever works.

quangtran1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 18, 2017
    Indiana
    You think the same way I do. It's just a tool, like a knife, a flashlight, a drill. Heck, I customized my phone just the same, with Talon tape, with Plasti-Dip, etc. Only 2 of my firearms are stock -- a Wilson Combat and a HK, just because I don't shoot them. These Glocks are pretty simple. I've taken them completely apart, polished this, smoothed that, etc, tested every firing pin block safety, every cruciform for drop safety, etc. Since my hands are smaller than average, I do whatever extra to be able to dump a mag into a 4 square inch zone.
    I wanted to be a Glock guy. Had a 19 for a couple weeks. It shot fantastic. I just hated the way it fit in my hand. I really considered doing what you did, but chickened out. Sold it to another INGO member. I love Talon tape on my tiny Kahr pistols, but it would just make a Glock even worse for me, unless it was a 42 or 43. I think you did a great job. Whatever works.

Last edited:

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    It's a glock, make it work for you. I've been running this glock22 in limited class for a while now. I recently zev'd it up. It seems we have similar feels for stippling. I need the aggressive deep pits to fight the sweat grip I get shooting in the summer. I don't think it is worth a whole lot because of my extracurricular soldering action, but it fits my hand and runs like a sewing machine. Even extended the mag release myself with some brass rod, screw and a tap. Ghost trigger connector, zev spring, guide rod, safety plunger, magwell and sights. I know that all of these mods have ruined the resale completely, but a sale is not on the agenda.

nkEyiFD.jpg

7aE7pyL.jpg

quangtran1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 18, 2017
    Indiana
    Like it a lot. And looks like you've shot the heck out of it. Good for you.
    It's a glock, make it work for you. I've been running this glock22 in limited class for a while now. I recently zev'd it up. It seems we have similar feels for stippling. I need the aggressive deep pits to fight the sweat grip I get shooting in the summer. I don't think it is worth a whole lot because of my extracurricular soldering action, but it fits my hand and runs like a sewing machine. Even extended the mag release myself with some brass rod, screw and a tap. Ghost trigger connector, zev spring, guide rod, safety plunger, magwell and sights. I know that all of these mods have ruined the resale completely, but a sale is not on the agenda.

nkEyiFD.jpg

7aE7pyL.jpg

BluedSteel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2018
    Huntingburg

nkEyiFD.jpg

7aE7pyL.jpg

I have exactly three things to say about this: 1] I have seen "Professional" stippling jobs that weren't that good. Your 'recreational soldering' is good to go. 2] Bonus "Attaboy" points to you for doing your own mag release extension. 3] Bravo. Anything that does what it is supposed to when and how it's supposed to need never apologize. :yesway::yesway:

D.R.SCOTT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Indiana
    Two principles I go by
    1: If it looks stupid but works better, even slightly, its not stupid. Function is always > Form
    2: K.I.S.S (Keep It Simple, Stupid).
    The stippling is better than grip tape, its not something that will come off and not an extra part. It may be unlikely sure, but I would rather have impossible over highly improbable. Its adds performance without adding any new parts. Good job

Top Bottom