• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    Stood in the line today with the wife this morning wondering why is this "shortage" still going on?
    Are larger chain stores getting top pickins?
    While the Meijers, Rual kings, and walmarts get a box a month?
    Is it getting stocked while the hoarders/resellers are still doin their thing?

This is nuts right after my purchase " the last two boxes" I saw at least 70 + people walk away in frustration.
    What the hell is still going on?

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Stood in the line today with the wife this morning wondering why is this "shortage" still going on?

You just answered your own question. If people stopped standing in line then it would be on the shelf. Once it is on the shelf people would stop standing in line. I am not criticizing, if I saw 22 on the shelf I would buy it too.

357 Terms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    Between SB and FT.W
    It must be a regional thing, up here in the north we are well stocked, and have been for quite some time now.

..and not just .22, everything seems to be back in good numbers. We have 9mm Blazer brass 50ct for 10.99, 50ct boxes of Aguilla HV .22 for 3.99, 20ct .223 Independence for 5.99, plenty on hand!

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Last Walmart I checked on, had a sign up saying "No 22lr Ammo". But when I talked to the sales guy, he personally was hording 20,000 rounds of CCI Mini-Mag CPRN himself. This is what my rifle prefers. Hmmmm :rolleyes:

jss1956

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2010
    Indiana the Armpit
    It must be a regional thing, up here in the north we are well stocked, and have been for quite some time now.

..and not just .22, everything seems to be back in good numbers. We have 9mm Blazer brass 50ct for 10.99, 50ct boxes of Aguilla HV .22 for 3.99, 20ct .223 Independence for 5.99, plenty on hand!

OK so I travel for a living and here is the results of my search for the elusive 22LR in the last 6-weeks:

Denver, CO
    Local Wal Mart: Got any 22LR? "No in the last 2-weeks"
    Large Gun Shop: "We got some, if you buy a rifle. Otherwise we got nothing".
    Small Gun Shop: "Nothing since October"
    Another Small Gun Shop: Ha Ha Ha Ha! Are you serious?

Racine, WI
    Large Gun Shop: "We get 10-12 bricks about every week or two. Even at 1-per-customer they are gone in less than 30-min"
    Dicks: "Got nothing since last week". Gone in 10-min.
    Wal-Mart: Sign says "No 22LR"

Vidalia, GA
    Gun Shop: " Son, I can't get enough for me personally, let alone sell any"
    Another gun shop: Usually get some 50 0r 100 pack CCI. They are gone as soon as someone with a cell phone gets out the door"

St Louis, MO
    Wal Mart: "Nothing this week"
    Gun Shop: No 22LR. Wish I had a truckload. I would retire"

Eastern Indiana
    Gun Shop: "I ordered 20 pallets of 22LR over 2-years ago. They sent me the whole batch all at once! We were quiet as H#^l about receiving it. Sold 20 pallets @ 6 bricks per case and 60 cases per pallet in less than 30-days. Even had a 3 box limit. Figured the shortage would be over by now".

Louisville, Ky
    Ammo Distributer: "I can't get 22lr and I've been in the business for 15 years. I get a cursing at shows and angry folks. I hear this will last for another year or two".

Rapid City, SD
    Gun Shop: Rep for ATK? We are building a new plant in TN. It will be dedicated to 22LR and a few others and will be running by next summer. This is a good thing. On the downside, it will be 1-2 years before we will see the end of the current 22LR shortage. Folks are simply hoarding everything we make or reselling and raping the fools who buy it. If folks would simply screw their heads back on right this would end quickly. It will take a while for production to meet demand.

I guess I haven't found the right region.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Seen it on the shelf in good numbers in Columbus, OH. Yeah, its not practical for us here, but it does seem to be location driven.

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    I can't find the article, so i'm sorry I cant source what I'm about to say, and it may crush some hopes and dreams.

I remember reading an article last year that interviewed a higher up for a major ammunition company. Federal I think. His exact words were along the lines of, "Our reserves were drained, and it will take anywhere from 3-5 to replenish our stocks, and fulfill the amount of order's we've received.

People often overlook this feature. They just assume that the companies manufacture and ship straight from there. Many of these large companies have reserves of ammo for situations like this. Priority number one, refill those reserves

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I know now that I will want to add many tens of thousands more .22 rounds once they are back available. I never dreamed a shortage would last this long.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    A buddy of mine (INGO member) was at the Greenfield Gander Mtn (I know, right?) They had in his words A LOT left of Federal Auto Match left to sell when he and his wife bought two boxes each at 11:30 this morning. They paid under $0.07 per round. I didn't bother to drive over to the Greenwood Gander (8 minutes away) since my experience with them is they're sold out before the line makes it all the way through the store back to the gun counter.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    A buddy of mine (INGO member) was at the Greenfield Gander Mtn (I know, right?) They had in his words A LOT left of Federal Auto Match left to sell when he and his wife bought two boxes each at 11:30 this morning. They paid under $0.07 per round. I didn't bother to drive over to the Greenwood Gander (8 minutes away) since my experience with them is they're sold out before the line makes it all the way through the store back to the gun counter.
    I've never seen the idiots that wait in line at the walmart but if I did id know what douch bags look like. At least the ones up front.

Top Bottom