• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bored184

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    I picked this up at the last Indy 1500. Its in excellent condition and came with all the original equipment. Im going to invest in a good cleaning rod and guide, do you have any suggestion on what I should buy? Does anyone know where I can pick up a Pelican case in Central to Southern Indiana?

Thanks,
    Bored184

100_2113.jpg

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Whoa!

Congrats on a FINE bench-rest target rifle!!!!

Now you're going to be spending more on .22 ammo than folks are spending on .45ACP. :D

Can't help you on where to buy a Pelican case, but I do know that Gander Mountain has them (at least smaller ones), and Bass Pro MIGHT have them. I'd suggest that you peruse the 'net (Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more) for starters. For items over a certain price, Amazon usually goes with free shipping. Not sure how that'd be with an over-sized thing like that, though.

Seriously, we need a range report ASAP. Complete with photos of your target and the distances. :D

-J-

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I thought that setup was for NRA 3 position rifle or maybe free rifle. It would also work well for NRA prone, I'd bet. I don't know about the Pelican cases, but on the advice of a bunch of other smallbore and air gun shooters, I got this case: 1 GUN SNGLSCP 51X11X7+ AIRGLIDE - Natchez Shooters Supplies.
    I bought mine at Dick's, and it is a very good case and protects well. It has velcro tie downs and either my FWB air rifle or Savage-Anshutz fits in with the target sights in place. You would probably have to remove your butt hook and palm rest before putting your rifle into the case.

bored184

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    You are correct BE Mike this rifle is set up for 3P and prone. Since this is the type of shooting I plan on doing with it I will not change the configuration. I already shoot a lot of prone with a Reminton 40X so I cant wait to start shooting 3P with it.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    As you already know, minimize the amount of cleaning. Once a year at most. It takes too long to season the bore again after cleaning.

That is a great 3P and prone rifle. Congrats. I am envious.

Now you get to find out which Eley ammo it likes.....

hc4sar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    cent IN.
    nice find but as you allready know shooting 3pos. will turn your nerves to mush. seriously tho many 10's and consistent ammo. :)

Top Bottom