• ...and so much more!
  • STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    I don't own one but I did shoot one back when I attended Culver in the very early 80s.
    They were not used for our marksmanship classes. Rather, they were reserved for the competition team.

Fortunately I was given a chance to shoot one after class one day. Very nice action and sights.
    Super accurate. Meaning, way more accurate than I am. ;-)
    It was my one and only time to put hands on...so far.

jerzy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2023
    North liberty
    I don't own one but I did shoot one back when I attended Culver in the very early 80s.
    They were not used for our marksmanship classes. Rather, they were reserved for the competition team.

Fortunately I was given a chance to shoot one after class one day. Very nice action and sights.
    Super accurate. Meaning, way more accurate than I am. ;-)
    It was my one and only time to put hands on...so far.
    That's funny. I used to shoot against culver in the early 80's. I shot with south bend demaly

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    That's funny. I used to shoot against culver in the early 80's. I shot with south bend demaly
    Being at Culver was the first time I learned what "Shoot like a girl" really meant.
    We had some young ladies that could "out shoot" the cadets every day of the week.

Learned my love for firearms and shooting sports there. Qualified as an NRA Expert Marksman at age 13. Too bad I don't shoot nearly that well today. LOL

jerzy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2023
    North liberty
    Favorite Anshutz story. Used to accompany friends to the local range. While they were happily shooting their .22 targets, I was shooting the thumb tacks that held their targets up….
    Ok confession time. I usually finished before everyone else during the competitions and you can't get and leave the range till everyone is done. So i would sneak extra ammo in and shoot the target holder rods. 12 year olds lol. I've even shot out a couple target holders.

jerzy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2023
    North liberty
    P
    Being at Culver was the first time I learned what "Shoot like a girl" really meant.
    We had some young ladies that could "out shoot" the cadets every day of the week.

Learned my love for firearms and shooting sports there. Qualified as an NRA Expert Marksman at age 13. Too bad I don't shoot nearly that well today. LOL

Our best shooters were girls. My sister, and 2 others. All went to camp perry, and the Olympic training center in Colorado Springs. My sister runs her own youth club now in Southern Michigan, one of the other girls was puck up by the navy to shoot competition for them.
    I held my own i was sub junior state champion 2 years in a row. But ended up getting out of it, why i have no idea. Wish i hadn't now. But love playing with my 54 sporter. But graduated to bigger badder things now. Love long range. But precision small bore is a blast still

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Interesting. Never seen that before
    I got it off Gunbroker when I was searching for 6mm Flobert "parlor guns". The 6mm Flobert round is basically a CB cap and I guess people used to shoot them in their parlors back in the day. How cool would that have been?? :):

My other two parlor guns (non-working and not Anschutz)...

1699052158894.png

CCPLuvr

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Elkhart
    Years ago I bought an unfired Python and this Anschutz from a guy, I resold the Python for what I payed for both. The Annie is a model 1700, 54 action. Mark Penrod bedded the action, floated the barrel and adjusted the trigger to about 1.5 lbs. It's a great shooting rifle, averaging in the .3s for 5 shots at 50 yards with several loads.
    IMG_2249.jpg IMG_2250.jpg

jerzy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2023
    North liberty
    Years ago I bought an unfired Python and this Anschutz from a guy, I resold the Python for what I payed for both. The Annie is a model 1700, 54 action. Mark Penrod bedded the action, floated the barrel and adjusted the trigger to about 1.5 lbs. It's a great shooting rifle, averaging in the .3s for 5 shots at 50 yards with several loads.
    View attachment 311336 View attachment 311337
    That's exactly the same as my 54 sporter, only difference i can see from the pics is the barrels a little different.
    Yea mine is a tack driver also.
    Beautiful rifle! I real should have mine gone through and refinished

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    View attachment 311336 View attachment 311337
    Always wanted that model. Found one recently but was .22 mag.

Ya got a heck of a rifle man. Gorgeous

Top Bottom