• ...and so much more!
  • dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Here's the crux:

I don't like guns, guns scare me, people who like guns scare me, and there must be something wrong with anyone who wants a gun. Guns kill people, how can anyone defend that? Lots of these guns aren't used for hunting (BTW, I don't like that either but I won't mention it because it'll make me seem extremist) they're just used for killing people. I'm not comfortable with you having a gun and don't talk to me about rights, racist, homophobic Christian right rednecks like you have been restricting people's rights from the beginnning of this country - no, from the beginning of time - and for you to invoke rights is hypocrisy. Also, the 2nd Amendment doesn't mean what you think it means, and even if it did, it should be repealed or ignored because we live in different times and the Constitution is a living document. Why don't you all go joing the Army if you like guns so much, which BTW, I don't like the Army that much either but I can't say that because I'm supposed to support the troops and all, because they're all heros, but then, so are teachers. And besides that, shut up you stupid mouthbreathing inbred, sociopathic racist moron.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    Here's the crux:

I don't like guns, guns scare me, people who like guns scare me, and there must be something wrong with anyone who wants a gun. Guns kill people, how can anyone defend that? Lots of these guns aren't used for hunting (BTW, I don't like that either but I won't mention it because it'll make me seem extremist) they're just used for killing people. I'm not comfortable with you having a gun and don't talk to me about rights, racist, homophobic Christian right rednecks like you have been restricting people's rights from the beginnning of this country - no, from the beginning of time - and for you to invoke rights is hypocrisy. Also, the 2nd Amendment doesn't mean what you think it means, and even if it did, it should be repealed or ignored because we live in different times and the Constitution is a living document. Why don't you all go joing the Army if you like guns so much, which BTW, I don't like the Army that much either but I can't say that because I'm supposed to support the troops and all, because they're all heros, but then, so are teachers. And besides that, shut up you stupid mouthbreathing inbred, sociopathic racist moron.
    :yesway: Ha! ha! ha! I think you included them all, word for word, except where I work, "Knuckle dragging" is inserted between inbred and sociopathic.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Ummm,

Guns make it easier for people to kill people. If a bad guy uses a knife it may be one or two people dead rather then twelve or fifteen people dead.

This is probably the one that has the most basis in reality. However, it still goes back to who does the killing as well as the fact that bad guys will always have guns. Guns make it easier for good guys to defend themselves from bad guys. There is a huge need to stress personal responsibility when dealing with the anti's rather then faulting an inanimate object.

You mean like half a dozen people using knives would never be able to kill, oh, say, over three thousand people?

Look at a list of mass murders by individuals. Guns are not at the top of that list.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    No, there is 1 really really good anti-gun argument to be made. I feel that it is completely "bullet proof" here goes; "If guns were never invented they wouldn't be used in crime."...but we'd have something else like electrified swords that shoot lightning bolts....ya know, I kinda feel cheated now, I could have been able to hunt the thunder chickens with bolts of lightning, then I could just have dinner right there...but with gun you still have to cook the things.

And if wishes were horses, beggers would ride. The fact is that guns were invented and they cannot now be "uninvented". The knowledge exists and the guns exist, and since we cannot go back and change the past, it's much better, IMHO, to keep things in favor of the good guys... or at a minimum, in balance. (what is it about "if you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck" that people don't get?)

I can't personally think of one single good anti-gun argument that can't be defeated with logic and facts. Except the first quoted post. How friggin awesome would THAT be?!?!?! :) And while Bill is right, he's not seeing this for the awesomeness that it is! I would much rather have a lightning bolt shooting sword than a gun cause I would much rather be able to eat the deer right after shooting it instead of having to cook it later.

However, that means deer jerky would never been invented. That would suck.

There's pros and cons here, but I LIKE IT! :D

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Here's the crux:

I would rep you but I"m out. However, that's the funniest thing I've read in years! :lmfao:

CVictor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Crown Point
    No i have not! But I once set my facebook status to something mocking the chicago gun ban and a clueless friend of mine, the daughter of a LEO, posted THIS....i kinda just let it go.

So I'm sorry, I've got to say this: Almost all law enforcement officers that get shot and die were shot by people with handguns. Over 90%. A ban on them at least tries to protect them. Also, almost all teenage suicides involving guns are from handguns. And over half of children who accidentally shoot themselves with their parents guns? Handguns.

Just sayin'.

My response

The problem is that criminals will always have them. Banning them only takes away the only thing civilians have to defend themselves. There will always be ways for a murderer to get a handgun just like there will always be ways for teenagers to commit suicide.

Her Response

Right but it may take away some of their options. I'm not opposed to guns, It's just that if handguns are banned, it's actually harder for criminals to get them. It's easier for them to get bigger guns they're too stupid to use or have a hard time finding ammunition for.

My friends response lol, his screenname on here is Unoid

Conrad, real smart friends you got <black eye smiley>

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    That's because there are none. My step-mom said to me the other day,

Step-mom: "I like guns, but there are just too many on the streets. Too many automatics."

Me: "Automatics, you mean machine guns, where you pull the trigger once and it keeps firing until you run out of ammo?"

Step-mom: "Yes."

Me: "Uh, criminals in this country don't have machine guns. Fully automatic weapons are so heavily regulated by the federal government, and expensive, very few people have them, least of all, criminal elements."

Step-mom: "Okay, good. That's what I have heard though."

Me: "What you heard is bull****."

In my step-mom's defense, she is really cool, and I have taken her to the range and she really enjoys shooting, she is just not knowledgeable about gun laws, rights, etc. She is all for the 2A, she just didn't grow up with guns, or anything like that, and being a liberal person, she hears the anti-gunners all the time. But, I am converting her to a gun person.

On Mother's Day, my brother and I are getting her a .22 pistol for target shooting. She really likes my Walther P22. So, I am getting her the pink digital camo one.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    anti-gun message

The Anti-gun crowd have no winning argument,that is why they resort to SAFETY as a reason to regulate firearms!! You know what they do..."it's all about childrens safety!!" and we know our children are safe,cuz we got the guns!!

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    A pair of twins I knew were cleaning an AK-47 in their apartment. One shot the other in the chest. Horrified, he subsequently stuck the muzzle in his mouth and pressed the trigger. I don't care what you say, but there's no way this could have happened while cleaning a baseball bat, knife, or other object. It's not uncommon for guns to claim the lives of children.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    really

A pair of twins I knew were cleaning an AK-47 in their apartment. One shot the other in the chest. Horrified, he subsequently stuck the muzzle in his mouth and pressed the trigger. I don't care what you say, but there's no way this could have happened while cleaning a baseball bat, knife, or other object. It's not uncommon for guns to claim the lives of children.
    when was the last time a gun went off with out human or any kind of intervention.......???????gun proof your child and you'll have no problem, also a little bit of common sense doesn't hurt! also, really, the first thing I do when ready to clean,,,,unload the gun! check the chamber

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

What kind of idiot cleans an AK? Let alone doesn't make sure it's clear first? :dunno:

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    What kind of idiot cleans an AK? Let alone doesn't make sure it's clear first? :dunno:

You'd be surprised. It was not uncommon for Iraqi "security forces" to have a negligent discharge while cleaning their weapons. Never underestimate how stupid somebody can be.

Anti-gun arguments- snipers rifles are bad but hunting rifles are ok, a semi-auto can be spray fired from the hip, heat seeking bullets, AR-15s should be banned because they're far more powerful than a 30.06 hunting rifle. a .50 bmg can take down a commercial jet therefore it is the weapon of choice of terrorists. I fully support the 2nd amendment but I'm against "assault weapons" because there is no legitimate need.

I've heard all of these and could keep going. There really is no argument but you get the idea.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

when was the last time a gun went off with out human or any kind of intervention.......???????gun proof your child and you'll have no problem, also a little bit of common sense doesn't hurt! also, really, the first thing I do when ready to clean,,,,unload the gun! check the chamber

Actually, I took the top quoted post as an answer to "are there any anti-gun arguments that make sense?" On the surface, this does; my first question would be, "Got a police report?" Hint: I don't believe this happened.

You'd be surprised. It was not uncommon for Iraqi "security forces" to have a negligent discharge while cleaning their weapons. Never underestimate how stupid somebody can be.

Anti-gun arguments- snipers rifles are bad but hunting rifles are ok, a semi-auto can be spray fired from the hip, heat seeking bullets, AR-15s should be banned because they're far more powerful than a 30.06 hunting rifle. a .50 bmg can take down a commercial jet therefore it is the weapon of choice of terrorists. I fully support the 2nd amendment but I'm against "assault weapons" because there is no legitimate need.

I've heard all of these and could keep going. There really is no argument but you get the idea.

True. People handed a firearm without training in such things as the Four Rules may do dumb things.

The above line might be an anti-gun argument, however, they use that fact/possibility to promote mandatory training. Oddly, they don't see that people handed a chainsaw, a hammer, a kitchen knife, cleaning products, etc. have the same possibility, and there is no call for mandatory training... just good, careful instruction from parents who don't want to see their children hurt, so they familiarize them with those things and teach them "hands off"...unless of course, Mom or Dad is there to make sure you deal with that thing safely.

Huh. Imagine that. Parents taking responsibility for their children's training, education, safety, and upbringing, rather than foisting it off on "th' guvvamint"

What a concept.

Blessings,
    Bill

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Just because it was my 666th post, it does not make it false. It was actually a true story. I knew the twins from school; they were one year younger than I. Their father died when they were little and they were raised by their mother. Really tragic story. They were about 16 years old when that happened.

Children dying from firearms is as bad it gets when it comes to anti-gun arguments. Those arguments are usually loaded with emotion, and rightfully so.

Top Bottom