Anti-gun billionaire tries to buy a tank.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    I love mine. You can take out a whole herd of deer at once.

8404c3c130f30253ba450e6a1596f0d0.jpg

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I got to meet a very well off fellow who had a private armored vehicle collection. A T-72, a T-34 (with working main gun), four or five BTRs, a handful of demilled artillery pieces, and at least one working artillery piece that I saw. Riding atop a T-72 is darn good fun by the way.

hotcorner5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2014
    Indianapolis
    That is awesome(the picture, not the billionaire). I didn't even know you could own a tank. Can you have rounds made for it and fire it? Have to have a special class 3 to do so?

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    I love mine. You can take out a whole herd of deer at once.

8404c3c130f30253ba450e6a1596f0d0.jpg

"Haha very funny. No way that's yours. Let me put that picture into Google's reverse image search and see what it really is..."

"... Wait, the only two results are 'Hlindiana' profile picture and 'JTinIN' profile picture. Holy guacamole this guy has a tank!"

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    That is awesome(the picture, not the billionaire). I didn't even know you could own a tank. Can you have rounds made for it and fire it? Have to have a special class 3 to do so?

Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack the thread, but you can own virtually ANYTHING in Indiana, except short barreled shotguns and nuclear weapons. Flame throwers, bazookas, RPG's, mortars, and tanks, are all OK. There is no paperwork on a tank, but to have an active cannon you need a destructive device license, and you need a license for the machinegun. Also, if you have HE rounds for the cannon, there would be a $200 stamp PER round. I was up late last night loading 50 blank cartridges for the cannon (no tax stamps required).

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Well, anyone been to the Ropke Armor Museum by Crawfordsville? One of the coolest private collections of tanks you'll find and most of them run. They take them out occasionally to crush the countryside into submission. Besides the tanks there's a host of other cool stuff to see too including machine and Gatling guns.

The last time I was there they fired up a v12 from a Patton in preparation for getting an M48 rolling. The owner want's to drive one around again since it's what he commanded in Korea.

If you can get there go...it only costs a donation if you want to give one.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Mine, the one above, is a Panzer 1 aus C. For $2.5 million, I might think about selling it

Great picture, the gun looks like a 20mm which is why I was guessing Mk 2 but the chassis is different. Looks like a lot of fun in the snow!:)

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack the thread, but you can own virtually ANYTHING in Indiana, except short barreled shotguns and nuclear weapons. Flame throwers, bazookas, RPG's, mortars, and tanks, are all OK. There is no paperwork on a tank, but to have an active cannon you need a destructive device license, and you need a license for the machinegun. Also, if you have HE rounds for the cannon, there would be a $200 stamp PER round. I was up late last night loading 50 blank cartridges for the cannon (no tax stamps required).
    I was always of the belief that high explosive destructive devices were illegal in Indiana. It was discussed in this thread https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/class-iii-nfa/62194-indiana-grenade-launcher-laws.html

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    I was always of the belief that high explosive destructive devices were illegal in Indiana. It was discussed in this thread https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/class-iii-nfa/62194-indiana-grenade-launcher-laws.html
    IC 35-47.5-2-4
    "Destructive device"
    Sec. 4. (a) "Destructive device" means:
    (1) an explosive, incendiary, or overpressure device that is
    configured as a:
    (A) bomb;
    (B) grenade;
    (C) rocket with a propellant charge of more than four (4)
    ounces;
    (D) missile having an explosive or incendiary charge of
    more than one-quarter (1/4) ounce;
    (E) mine;
    (F) Molotov cocktail; or
    (G) device that is substantially similar to an item described
    in clauses (A) through (F);
    (2) a type of weapon that may be readily converted to expel a
    projectile by the action of an explosive or other propellant
    through a barrel that has a bore diameter of more than one-half
    (1/2) inch; or
    (3) a combination of parts designed or intended for use in the
    conversion of a device into a destructive device.
    (b) The term does not include the following:
    (1) A pistol, rifle, shotgun, or weapon suitable for sporting or
    personal safety purposes or ammunition.
    (2) A device that is neither designed nor redesigned for use as a weapon.

IC 35-47.5-5-2
    Destructive devices
    Sec. 2. A person who knowingly or intentionally:
    (1) possesses;
    (2) manufactures;
    (3) transports;
    (4) distributes;
    (5) possesses with the intent to distribute; or
    (6) offers to distribute;
    a destructive device, unless authorized by law, commits a Class C felony.
    As added by P.L.123-2002, SEC.50

Indiana law says it is illegal to have an explosive DD, UNLESS AUTHORIZED BY LAW. So, wouldn't a Federal tax stamp on an explosive DD be a legal authorization?

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    Exactly.

HE is a member of the upper crust, so he is inherantly trustworthy. Its DIFFERENT for him to have a tank than you, the unwashed masses. Never know what you rabble would do with that kind of power.

Ofcourse he donates to anti-gun groups. Gun laws don't effect the rich anyway - they have the money and influence to lobby for personal examptions. He is doing the most logical thing possible - trying to dissarm the people he lives off of.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    So, what level of offense would it be to have a Molotov cocktail? Is just carrying one proof that one is involved in a violent felony? I just ask because of Ferguson...IMHO it would be.

BTW, cool panzer Hk...

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    So, what level of offense would it be to have a Molotov cocktail? Is just carrying one proof that one is involved in a violent felony? I just ask because of Ferguson...IMHO it would be.

BTW, cool panzer Hk...

So, does owning gasoline, an empty bottle, and a rag make you guilty of intent to assemble a Molotov cocktail?

BTW, tanks THOR, I mean thanks

Top Bottom