• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    From the article:

and some people say the ads violate everyone's Second Amendment rights.

WTH? Apparently so people still don't understand the rest of the BORs

hookedonjeep

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    With the other Sheepdogs
    Ahhhh.... sheeple in their natural state...... "If you are worried about protecting your home, get a knife or bat"....... I wonder what the stats are pertaining to injuries and fatalities in the home with knives and bats, versus guns? I would wager to say that should I find myself without a gun, and all I had was a bat or knife; I would be more apt to use the bat or knife. :dunno:

These people must be living in a dream world, where bad things only happen to bad people. Must be nice, because reality sucks! They can have their ad campaign, and any blood that results from :koolaid: is on them....:twocents:

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    "We're trying to raise awareness and start a conversation that's going to lead to a safer society here in Washington State," he said.

I can just see such a conversation now: "Yo, Buster. I don't think I'll use my gun tonight when we bust into the Widow Jones' house. That is so dangerous and uncivilized. I think I'll just beat the Hell out of her with my bare hands."

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    I do not agree with what they have to say; and I think it may be intentionally misleading, however I shall defend their right to say it. Perhaps they ought to learn to show equal respect.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Oh, they don't have any problem at all with you saying you want to own guns...
    No I'm respecting all of their natural (or god given, if you choose to view it in that manner) rights, both implied and enumerated; with the expectation that that is returned. It is not their god given nor legal right to take from my home or prohibit my safety and well being (a baseball bat is insufficient).

As was mentioned by others in this thread, let them blow all their money on the bus ads; however if they choose to put such facts out there, I would like to see where these numbers came from and not just take it at face value, and if they are lying I want that fact to be equally if not more so well known.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    and some people say the ads violate everyone's Second Amendment rights.

WTH? Apparently so people still don't understand the rest of the BORs

You cannot use the Bill of Rights to attack the civil right of your fellow citizens. You cannot claim "free speech" during a Forgery or Bank Fraud prosecution.

You cannot claim "free speech" in attacking the civil right to arms any more than the Klan could claim "free speech" in intimidating African-Americans from voting or assembling.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You cannot use the Bill of Rights to attack the civil right of your fellow citizens. You cannot claim "free speech" during a Forgery or Bank Fraud prosecution.

You cannot claim "free speech" in attacking the civil right to arms any more than the Klan could claim "free speech" in intimidating African-Americans from voting or assembling.

You most certainly can. The instances you posted all involve crimes (ie forgery, fraud, intimidation). If someone doesn't care for a particular right, it is their right to say so. And I'm perfectly fine with it, as long as they don't "step over the line," and actively prevent my expression of those rights. The speech you don't agree with, is that which be protected the most.

Top Bottom