• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snafu21

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Anti-Gun senator gets arrested while intoxicated while in posession of (wait for it).... a GUN!!!

Missouri state Senator Jamilah Nasheed, a Democrat who was sponsored several “anti-gun” bills in her state, was arrested Monday night during a protest outside of the Ferguson Police Department. However, it’s what police officers found on her that is raising eyebrows. Nasheed was carrying a loaded 9mm handgun and extra rounds of ammunition, according to Ferguson Police Chief Tom Jackson. She also refused to take a breathalyzer test after officers determined she “smelled strongly of intoxicants,” sources told KMOV-TV. Nasheed claimed on Tuesday that she was not intoxicated at the time of her arrest and emphasized that she is a legal concealed carry permit holder.

Police arrested and charged the state senator with failure to obey lawful order of police and manner of walking in the roadway after she and other protesters refused to get out of the street.

On Tuesday morning, Nasheed said it was a “symbolic arrest” to send a “message to the protesters that we can protest peacefully and that we must protest peacefully and that we want justice for Michael Brown.” The National Rifle Association’s Institute for Legislative Action has dubbed several pieces of legislation sponsored by Nasheed “anti-gun,” including an amendment that would require gun owners to report a firearm stolen within 72 hours.

Nasheed also reportedly pushed for a bill that would have required any “parent or guardian of a child who attends a public, private, or charter school shall notify, in writing, the superintendent of the school district, or the governing body of a private school or charter school, that such parent or guardian owns a firearm within thirty calendar days” of enrollment.

[video=youtube;3SY3KQDiDPU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SY3KQDiDPU[/video]

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Also, if she was going down to the protest specifically to make a point and get arrested, as she claimed, why would she carry a gun? She would have to know she would be booked after being taken into custody and the police would take possession of the gun. That seems like an unnecessary hassle to me.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    That's a state senator? Does she wear that track suit while in the Senate chamber?

No. She dressed down, because she went there looking for a photo-op arrest (and got one). Knowing she'd be in jail overnight (she even refused bail), she needed to wear something comfortable.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    I wonder if they will do her the way they do drivers who refuse tests and charge her as being intoxicated.

Right, but that is the big "what if" here. The arresting officer said she smelled like alcohol yet she refusted to take a breathalyzer. Either way, the fact that she supports anti-gun bills yet carries a gun is telling. Just another politician with the "I'm above the law" attitude.

John317

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I wonder why a blood sample was taken since she refused a breathalyzer? This is pretty entertaining though. If the grand jury indictment never happens which I think most are expecting it to not happen it will be interesting to see what happens. I hope for the sake of all the officers working in that area they are prepared for the worse.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Why do politicians do most anything they do in public? Because they plan on somehow making headlines, gaining name recognition with one or more types of voter, and hoping to increase their odds of being re-elected. The only thing I'll add in her case is I rather doubt she got as big of a scene as she was looking for when she was arrested.

Top Bottom