• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    Seems kinda vague. I'm not sure the guy knows the laws, and I'm not sure if it's pro-OC or anti-OC...

I won't go into his analysis of ballistics and trajectory.

I give that letter a :noway: for being absolutely lukewarm and milquetoast.

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    I'm not sure what's going on in Savannah, GA, but why is that letter in an Indiana paper? "Consider open carry carefully and only for self defense." Where are people OCing a non-self defense weapon? Haute couture fashion runways? LARPing? What exactly is the point of this letter?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    What the devil was that? Did that make any sense to anyone here?

I say, I say, it's all the fried foods that they eat down there. It obstructs proper blood flow to the brain.:D

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    So if I open carry, the bullets will go farther! Sounds like a new argument in favor of open carry! :D
    No, the bullets won't go farther, but if you OC you have to be aware of how far they'll go. It doesn't matter so much if you're CCing. I think that might be only for .44's strapped to the hip with a holster tied to the leg, though.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    My take on it, its written to say don't wear you're gun to show off. Recognize how much power it has and treat it as such. Only carry for self defense not to show off.
    Umm, OK.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    That has top be one of the dumbest things I ever read in my life. I feel stupider for having read it.

This "is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in his rambling, incoherent response was he even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award him no points, and may God have mercy on his soul."

- slightly modified quote, 'Billy Madison'

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Everybody knows that bullets fired from a CC handgun travel well under 300 ft.

This guy probably hasn't fired a weapon since 1971.

He says that he qualified with a .38 and M-16, I'm thinking early days of the M-16 in the service and the .38 after leaving said service and into a LEO job.

Maybe 63-65:dunno:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Looks like the editor wanted to run it because it seemed anti-open carry, kinda. Maybe. I can't tell.

Anyway, when I read the subject line of this topic, I thought it might be a letter from some Greencastle resident who was all bent out of shape after seeing me carry openly in Greencastle pretty much everywhere I go there. Apparently no one has noticed me yet. :D

Pointman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Bainbridge
    Looks like the editor wanted to run it because it seemed anti-open carry, kinda. Maybe. I can't tell.

Anyway, when I read the subject line of this topic, I thought it might be a letter from some Greencastle resident who was all bent out of shape after seeing me carry openly in Greencastle pretty much everywhere I go there. Apparently no one has noticed me yet. :D

That's probably what got my goat the most was this guy from GA who doesn't even know what Indiana law is. Then he rambles on... After the NY Times story on the "next big thing" in the "gun nutz" movement is OC I guess I'm taking it out on this lost soul... :D

As for OC in GC, there may be a few prof's around campus that might raise an eyebrow, otherwise no one bats an eye that I've noticed.

Top Bottom