Any 5% people here who would have voted for Ron Paul?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rafterman191

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 26, 2008
    Terre Haute
    If the GOP had backed Ron Paul as a nominee instead of their pocket candidate Romney, would you have voted for him today? I know I would have. Which makes me wonder if the GOP really wanted to win this election, which I highly doubt at this time. Their base was in line to vote out Obama regardless of the candidate, so they really needed to rally support from undecided voters who wanted reform. It's just a perfect example of how badly indebted to pac's and special interest the GOP is.

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    That would definitely be a different GOP if they were backing Ron Paul, but I would absolutely vote for a GOP backed Paul. Didn't agree with him on everything, even philosophically, but I liked him a lot better than the two current mainliners.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    He would have been the only repub I would have voted for. Didn't vote for a single repub tonight.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Absolutely would've voted for Paul!! At least he was consistent and had well-reasoned arguments for his views, even if I didn't agree with all of them.

rat-man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    where the work is
    I would have. But Obama would be polling at over 50% if that we're the case.

I respectfully disagree. I think it would if anything be over 60%.

He (and we) really got the shaft from the GOP, but let's be honest, even as close as we are to him being proven correct about all the disastrous stuff he's been bringing up alone for decades, the GOP, and the majority of American public, aren't yet ready for the kind of Liberty he represents.

Too bad we'll be in the same boat as Greece before they realize it.

~~~~~~~

To answer the OP, yes, I would have certainly voted for him, and I wonder who is VP pick would have been, but I'm guessing it would have been Andrew Napolitano.

Once this all went down the tubes @ the RNC I decided the best thing I could do to advance the liberty movement in our corrupt 2-party system was to Vote for Gary Johnson. The Libertarian party is more appealing to me than the modern Republican party, and 5% of the popular vote gives them access to public funding and automatic ballot access. That's a lot more than any write-in vote for Ron Paul would do at this point.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    Not only would I have voted for him - but I firmly believe the Republican turnout would have been much greater.

Also, Republicans would still carry the independent vote against the incumbent president. They had that going for them even as a "generic republican" ballot.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    If the GOP had backed Ron Paul as a nominee instead of their pocket candidate Romney, would you have voted for him today? I know I would have. Which makes me wonder if the GOP really wanted to win this election, which I highly doubt at this time.

From my perspective, the GOP has done their best since January to lose this election.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Ummm...yeah. Had he been a write-in, I would've voted for him today.

Wondering if I should just keep the decal on my truck...maybe I'll be scraping off "2012" and the "on" in Ron...leaving "R Paul for President"...some things are timeless.

Top Bottom