• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Anyone have any Ah ha! moments at the convention?

Mine was getting to check out the Walther CCP. I never had any desire for it, from what I've heard about it prior to the show. Picked one up in the Walther booth and was absolutely floored! Freakin thing felt awesome in my hand, had the easiest slide to work of any gun I've ever tried and the trigger was even nicer than the one in my PPQ. WOW! I left with a completely different opinion of that weapon.

Anyone else have any similar experiences?

Last edited:

Peter McM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    Mine was taking a closer look at the Sig Sauer 9mm compacts and seeing how easy the slide is to work. I may have a new front-runner for concealed carry piece.

Mat250

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I picked up the "Just Right Carbine" and was really impressed with how well it was built, a lot of metal and no slop. For a pistol caliber carbine it is now on top of the list.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Giessele trigger demos, and the Timmeny trigger in the Tavor. Shouldered a Barret .50 and watched the blonde at the Aimpoint booth play with their "shooting gallery" in her tight black dress..... damn!

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    There were these times when I said "I don't own enough guns". It was a recurring theme and I can't recall exactly where I noticed it the most.

Colts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2011
    Roundabout Circle City
    Some of these booths employee eye candy (and I am not talking guns) that made me feel old (I know I am old, but I usually do not feel old).

I am sure a new Colt, will make me feel better.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I liked the satellite phone booth. They have a new prototype device that is a "hotspot" and will allow any smart phone to become a satellite phone. They rent them as well. Could come in handy for boating or deep wilderness hiking/hunting/fishing.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Don't laugh, but NCStar got my attention. Inexpensive optics with a true lifetime warranty & quality improvements over the last few years? Able to hold up to 12GA for home defense & hunting? I'll give them a shot...

Also, Chris Costa is shorter than I expected... LoL

caulfieldian

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 4, 2012
    West of Indy
    Picked up an R51 at the Gallery of Guns area. Definitely will NOT be purchasing one any time soon...the slide felt so gritty upon racking the slide back.

I have also found that I really, really REALLY need some CZ style pistols in my life. They just feel great and some of the higher end guns had amazing triggers.

I also need a geissele SSA-E in my life, like, now.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Realized I didn't like CZs as much as I thought. Had the same experience with the Walter CCP as the OP. That felt pretty darn nice.

Realized I don't have nearly enough $$$ to buy everything I want..... I'm REALLY yearning for a couple of 1911's now!

Finally convinced my FIL (demonstrated a dozen times) that an all-steel 45 was easier to "rack" than a composite pocket-sized .380.

And finally: realized I don't know SQUAT about rifles. But (for some reason) am rally enamored with the "bull-pup" style.

FireBirdDS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    Colt ARs are indeed more pricey, but man do they have a nice smooth trigger pull, action, crisp break and reset.

In the end, the amount of money I spent on third party parts in addition to bring my $700 DPMS up to snuff (while turning it into a franken-rifle) could've probably gotten me a pure-bred Colt with an already smooth action.

Next time Dave... Next time...

Archerguy1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Alexandria Indiana
    Changed my mind from an AR as my first sporting rifle to the Century Arms AK , milled receiver and made in America with a price tag around $900, this will be had before I buy an AR

bob_dolemite

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Heart was set on Cz or a classic Sig. After trying the p320 the only question is full size or compact. My PPQ used to have the best striker fired trigger.

Also so the pros Sevigny, Miculek, Michel, Duff, Costa, the glock shooting team, they are so gracious. Not a prima Donna among them. Jessie Duff is stupid hot so is Tori Nanoka.

roadrunner681

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    henry county
    Realized I didn't like CZs as much as I thought. Had the same experience with the Walter CCP as the OP. That felt pretty darn nice.

Realized I don't have nearly enough $$$ to buy everything I want..... I'm REALLY yearning for a couple of 1911's now!

Finally convinced my FIL (demonstrated a dozen times) that an all-steel 45 was easier to "rack" than a composite pocket-sized .380.

And finally: realized I don't know SQUAT about rifles. But (for some reason) am rally enamored with the "bull-pup" style.
    i know the feeling on the czs the p09 in flat dark earth what a nice gun all czs are but the not having enogh money part was when i was handling the mk 17 rifle in the FN booth that thing was singing you need one of these!

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    I had an OUCH moment! Checking out a Keltec RFB and it had a screw on red dot mounted. The adjustment screw was mounted right above the charging handle. As I went to cock it back, I crushed my thumb inbetween that and the charging handle... yeah blooddddddd.

I then went to check out Armscor's booth and chatted with the owner for about 20 min. I'm not a fan of RIA, but the level of commitment and pride, along with friendly attitude, made me a hell of a fan. Think I'll support them with a double stack 9mm target gun!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom