• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    I find that very hard to believe considering we have our own bar mills that produce bar stock from iron ore and such. I suspect what is happening is that we are supplying the raw stock that is rolled and refined further for customers.

Sorry to disappoint you, but we melt the grades to spec, roll and ship to you. The only raw stock that comes to us to roll is from timken. Here's the proof, we rolled a few hundred tons for you last night. Mittal is honestly one of our better customers.

picture.php

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Sorry to disappoint you, but we melt the grades to spec, roll and ship to you. The only raw stock that comes to us to roll is from timken. Here's the proof, we rolled a few hundred tons for you last night. Mittal is honestly one of our better customers.

picture.php

NOW it makes more sense. ArecolorMittal Shelby is opart of their tubular division. They are pretty much a finishing division, not what I would consider a steel mill per say. (although I do find it wierd that we buy from other companys rather than produce it ourselves still.) I guess you learn something everyday ;)

baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    NOW it makes more sense. ArecolorMittal Shelby is opart of their tubular division. They are pretty much a finishing division, not what I would consider a steel mill per say. (although I do find it wierd that we buy from other companys rather than produce it ourselves still.) I guess you learn something everyday ;)

It may have something to do with the sizes your mills can run. IIRC, most of the steel we run for shelby is in the 5.5-7.5" range.

slackerisme

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Just north of Ft. Wayne

SDI Butler here, we run for a lot of our competition, as they do for us. It has more to due with price, shipping costs, and lead time than who's name is on the invoice. The way I understand it, one of our divisions out East only runs around 45% of our metal because there is a supplier much closer.

P.S. Stay safe out there, seems that AM is working on a death record these past few years. :patriot:

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    SDI Butler here, we run for a lot of our competition, as they do for us. It has more to due with price, shipping costs, and lead time than who's name is on the invoice. The way I understand it, one of our divisions out East only runs around 45% of our metal because there is a supplier much closer.

P.S. Stay safe out there, seems that AM is working on a death record these past few years. :patriot:

I know what you are saying. My particular dept. seems to be bucking that trend. I guess the old timers tend to look out for each other and newbies more where I am than other places. Either that or we have done a decent job of spotting possible problems and dealing with them before they become an issue. :dunno:

Unoid

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Just good to know if there's other gun enthusiasts at the company :P

anyone heard any company "lines" on the law allowing us to carry in our cars, yet all the plants say "no firearms"

Top Bottom