• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    Wife wants an ATV to play with at her grandparents farm.

Found an '06 200cc on CL that doesn't run. They said they were plowing snow 3 years ago and it died, couldn't get it restarted, stuck it in the garage and basically forgot about it.

It SEEMS like a really good deal because they don't want to bother with fixing it, but I know NOTHING about ATV repair. Any ideas what the issue could be?

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    I hate to tell you but that is a piece of chinese made junk.

They are near impossible to find parts for.

You could pobabaly find one of those new at your local Tractor Supply or Rual King for about the same price as it is listed for.

If you want somthing that will be reliable look for a good used brand name machine.

No need to hate to tell me that! :laugh:

Thanks for telling me that! :)

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    No need to hate to tell me that! :laugh:

Thanks for telling me that! :)

No problem. I am a powersports tech by trade and I get alot of people bringing me those, and similar, for repairs and Ive gotten to were I just have to turn them away.

We used to sell them but even as a dealer we couldnt get parts, it got to were we were stripping down brand new machines out of the crate just to have repair parts.

donnie1581

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Elwood, IN
    On a side note, I've done a lot of repair on small engines including atv's. If you end up getting one that needs work, let me know and I can help.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Get her a old Honda Recon, they are dirt cheap and cannot be killed!!!

I agree or look for an older Kawasaki Bayou 250 or a Yamaha Grizzly 300.

If you look you can find Kymco dealers around. Kymco used to make (and still does make) alot of the smaller ATVs for the major names makers like Honda and Kawasaki. They are the exact same as the major brand names but much cheaper.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

If you look you can find Kymco dealers around. Kymco used to make (and still does make) alot of the smaller ATVs for the major names makers like Honda and Kawasaki. They are the exact same as the major brand names but much cheaper.

Believe this man. It is what he does and always has good input.

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    Get her a old Honda Recon, they are dirt cheap and cannot be killed!!!

Found one on CL that's close to her dad's house, whom we will be visiting tomorrow. May run by and check it out.

On a side note, I've done a lot of repair on small engines including atv's. If you end up getting one that needs work, let me know and I can help.

Will do, thanks for your offer.

Found a Bayou 250 that's a wee bit out of what we'd like to spend, but I'll show it to her.

Thanks for all your help thus far. :ingo:

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville

Its not working on these that is the problem. Its the parts supply. If you need a stator or a pick-up coil or anything you are SOL.

And if you do get it running all you have is still just a chinese made piece of junk that will break agian soon. And then the parts hunt will begin all over again.

Trust me Ive tried it.

Top Bottom