• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    I was removing old building materials, mostly interior trim, from the attic in an old detached garage. The garage was empty so I was just letting the pieces of wood etc. just fall to the floor. when I was later cleaning up the mess I found a cardboard box about 4" x 5" x 2" laying in the debris. On examination it said F.I.E. on it so I knew it was a gun box. A little more searching brought a prototype of a Colt Junior in great condition except for the grips. I ordered some Colt Junior grips with medallions and found some magazines from Sarco for it. It shoots great! I did some research and found out that the Colt "Junior" and the F.I.E. " The Best" were made by Astra which called their offering "The Cub". The gun's that were marketed by Colt had a much better finish but that is all the difference I could see when doing a side by side examination between the two. In the box there was a receipt from Steven Jenkins Company at 6095 East 21st St. in Indianapolis. The gun sold used in 1977 for $50.00 to a gentleman who listed his address as a police department from a town somewhere here in Indiana.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    FIL was pulling out his drive and found a 16ga Ithica 37

He sold it.

I found a Belgium made double barrel side by side 12ga in grand dad's attic. I cleaned it up a bit and it is a great Wall hanger. Story is he traded something for it and the action was stuck closed. My gramps was fiddling with it with his brother and it went boom in the house. Gramps pulled hammers off and stuck it up in the rafters.

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    Found a double bbl 12ga with bent barrels when cleaning out Grandparents attic. Story was an Uncle had propped it against a wall in a hog barn and forgot it. Hogs knocked it over. Not a awesome find but funny.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I found these under a tarp in my barn when we moved in.

gunbroker.jpg

Well, I wish I did anyway. :dunno:

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Riding around a base in Iraq with a bunch of Iraqis. See something in the road. Stop. Fully loaded and kitted out M4. Picked it up, got back on the bus with the Iraqis (they were very nervous all of a sudden). Kept driving until I saw an A.P. standing outside a Hummer looking VERY distressed. Got out, handed him the weapon, then magazine. Said I think this is yours, turned around and walked away.
    Never heard a peep about it.

Bob

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Found this is the back Field with a metal detector when we 1st moved in...at last 1 or 2 shots fired... Did not feel the need to bother the police over it... its about 31 caliber

acerep.jpg

23w6zoo.jpg

2rxy15e.jpg

r2jl9x.jpg

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    What do you have to do with those guns Sylvain? Does the government realize it's rusted up to the point of being unusable and let you have it as a non-gun, or would you be in possession of an illegal firearm (in the cause of the automatics at least)?

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Riding around a base in Iraq with a bunch of Iraqis. See something in the road. Stop. Fully loaded and kitted out M4. Picked it up, got back on the bus with the Iraqis (they were very nervous all of a sudden). Kept driving until I saw an A.P. standing outside a Hummer looking VERY distressed. Got out, handed him the weapon, then magazine. Said I think this is yours, turned around and walked away.
    Never heard a peep about it.

Bob

Whooaaa, not cool. He's lucky you found it. That could've causes serious mayhem.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Sylvain, that is truly awesome stuff you have. The stories that were buried with those guns are still in the earth, unfortunately.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    What do you have to do with those guns Sylvain? Does the government realize it's rusted up to the point of being unusable and let you have it as a non-gun, or would you be in possession of an illegal firearm (in the cause of the automatics at least)?

Well all firerarms must be registered so semi-auto would be a no-no as well.
    I think they are still considered firearms but are non-firering/replica types that anyone can own.
    If it's really rusty you can keep it but some pople restore them ... it's where it gets tricky depending on how much your restore it.

Some guys got arrested a few years ago for having fully fonctioning restored machine guns with ammo in his collection of "inert guns".

I won't even go into more dangerous stuff like finding unexploded explosives (bomb shells, anti-tank mines,grenades etc) ... that some people find and sometimes keep.

That kind of stuff you better call the police to have a bomb squat remove them.
    We still find thousands each years, from both WW1 and WW2!

You also get to find bodies next to the gun, in that case you also better call the cops.

70 years later they still find soldiers and are able to give them back to the family (if they have dog tags).

Lots of those are found each year as well.
    Usually found by collectors or sold.

I know if I found one (dog tag) I would contact the local US embassy and see if they kind find the family through the DoD.
    Usually the family don't know where they died, with that they could know the place and maybe dig for a body. :dunno:

p1130521.jpg

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Sylvain, that is truly awesome stuff you have. The stories that were buried with those guns are still in the earth, unfortunately.

Not stuff I have, just to be clear.:)
    Found the pics that some other people found while metal detecting.

Some of them are sometimes found illegaly in places (like battlfields) where it's illegal to use a metal detector without a permit from the city hall.

Top Bottom